Queens v Dundee

I can foresee our lowest ever attendance to Palmerston tonight and we've had some bad ones in the past. It's just not conceivable for me to make it. I finish work at 5pm, and the game kicks off at 7:05pm which according to Google Maps is a 2 hour and 52 minute drive away. The few diehards that would be up for it will be equally effected and with it being on free to air TV, then I can't see a real appetite for attending this one.

Doubt the crowd will make a thousand. Locals won’t walk a mile to watch this.

Terrible scheduling on all fronts, Friday afternoon traffic makes this at least a 3 hour journey from Dundee so who realistically will take time off work to travel when it’s live on television which in turn affects the gate receipts for Queens. Bonkers Scottish football at its best, another empty stadium with no atmosphere to showcase the championship 

On 25/09/2019 at 04:10, ALOREBURNE said:

What part doesn’t make sense? I’ll try and help you. 

He's probably referring to to the fact you said "that's" which is singular then said "patters" which is plural straight after it. I also don't think you get a plural patter, so you more than like meant "that patter's rotten..." 

50 minutes ago, thommohawk said:

He's probably referring to to the fact you said "that's" which is singular then said "patters" which is plural straight after it. I also don't think you get a plural patter, so you more than like meant "that patter's rotten..." 

“More than likely

On 25/09/2019 at 13:40, G_Man1985 said:

I'd agree regarding giving Kerr a rest.

Do we have any youngster who is a centre half who is decent? Having Meekings in defence is awful

Youngsters in our team seem to be doing alright ( I'm thinking of Robertson and mcpake )

Meh should be good fun. Would be nice if we get some shots on target.

Unless they hit the woodwork I expect your penalties will at least draw a save out of Queens' keeper. 

My heart yearns for a 0-3 win and a relaxed night, but my head knows far too well that if we are winning, we most likely squeak a 1-2 win. Hope we continue to see development in the squad and for the team to have gelled together more.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Hope we continue to see development in the squad and for the team to have gelled together more.

Given where we ended the season, that's as much as we can expect at this stage.  I'd settle for a play-off spot at the end of the season with a solid framework to build on for a serious assault on the title next season i.e. no major rebuild required.

1 hour ago, Juantwothree said:

Dorrans, Hemmings and Nelson from the start tonight please

Harsh on our top scorer.

I'd like to see us go baws out at some point and play the 3 of them plus Dorrans. Just focus on out scoring teams.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I see Todd never featured last week. Has he been out of favour or was that a one off? Him and Dorrans could have a field day tonight so him being out of the picture is only a good thing for us.

He's largely been a bit shite. Shows quality in flashes but not enough.

He never hit the ground running with us as far as I recall (I wasn't overly impressed with him to begin with at least) but eventually found his feet. Not playing obviously isn't going to do him any favours. We miss Dykes but IMO we miss Todd just as much.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

He never hit the ground running with us as far as I recall (I wasn't overly impressed with him to begin with at least) but eventually found his feet. Not playing obviously isn't going to do him any favours. We miss Dykes but IMO we miss Todd just as much.

Hopefully he'll kick on as we do lack creativity.

On the other hand, Marshall has slotted into our team quite nicely. You can see he has certain limitations, but he puts in a power of work.