21st Sept,scores & shenanigans.

Larky55

9 minutes ago, lokforever said:

Eh! Dallas did stay on his feet.

Yep we didn’t play well but got the result.Errors by the Keeper and Liam gave the ref no choice but to award the penalties.Clydebank were decent and deserved something out of the game-and as I said if they play like that consistently will do fine.

2 hours ago, Bul2 said:

What do you mean Kilbirnie who are a community club who have the normal community issues that unfortunately blight all communities

Hard to know if Pollok have those same issues as they don’t have the same “community” spirit that clubs like Kilbirnie etc have being just a south side club (not even playing in the place they are named after) who think they are a cut above the other clubs/ towns in the league

The Newlands/ Kilmarnock road area don’t have any drug or family issues ......... mmmmmm....... blindfold / rose tinted specs on !!!

Pollok as a City Club with the best part of a million people around them are of course very different from a club from a small identifiable village community.And they both have their issues and benefits.No-one thinks they are a cut above anything and all success has been very hard won but has been accompanied by many challenges along the way!

The 2 were clear cut fouls in the box and not a single Clydebank fan around me or who I spoke to complained about that.Your keeper made a mistake by challenging Fraser when he was running away from goal and Liam knew what he was doing grabbing Dallas as he was getting to the ball coming into the box.We have a very experienced frontline who know where to be even when we aren’t playing well-as we didn’t yesterday.
I thought Clydebank did play well and as I said before will have no problems in the league playing like that.Far superior to Kilwinning,Kilbirnie and Beith.

The first penalty dubious but the second why he pulled the player only he can answer crazy. Apart from that we played excellent and can see the makings of a decent season. The team is showing what they can do and can only see positives.

3 minutes ago, optimisticman said:

The first penalty dubious but the second why he pulled the player only he can answer crazy. Apart from that we played excellent and can see the makings of a decent season. The team is showing what they can do and can only see positives.

The first penalty we never dubious.
It was a straight foul. I personally thought it might have been on the edge of the penalty area or even outside but where I was standing both Pollok and Clydebank fans said it was a penalty

Wee question for Pollok, never seen any footage posted, straight away after Glens bt you a couple of weeks ago, the only other time I've noticed this is when we bt Talbot away, last season, no footage from the pie man then either (might have been elsewhere that day tho)!! Oh! Just a wee ps Kilbirnie are a mile ahead of Pollok in all aspects, pitch, friendliness toilets!!!

1 hour ago, Oscar Wilder said:

Wee question for Pollok, never seen any footage posted, straight away after Glens bt you a couple of weeks ago, the only other time I've noticed this is when we bt Talbot away, last season, no footage from the pie man then either (might have been elsewhere that day tho)!! Oh! Just a wee ps Kilbirnie are a mile ahead of Pollok in all aspects, pitch, friendliness toilets!!!

I'm not a Pollok supporter and the video footage, of the 3.2 defeat, was online the next evening,or the Monday evening so what are you talking about.
Do you honestly think any guy who does the video footage of their team as a volunteer is going to have footage up straight away.
They all have life's and if some games are mental with incidents, goals galore and  having to cut them out to put onto a highlights section some will take longer, time consuming.

I aint a Pollok supporter, infact during my junior days I took great pleasure playing against Pollok and never been beaten.

Some people just talk utter shite on here, seriously, coming away with daffty comments even escalating going on about toilets' so that in their mind they feel they have got one over some imaginary supporter of another team. grow up ffs, if you have a point, make it simple, and see the replies if any come in.  Obviously with your latest one above you now know  that you are so so wrong.

Any guy who spends time out taking video footage of a game deserves a medal, whether a Kilbirnie, Pollok, Glenafton, Auchinleck, Clydebank video guy. We go to a game, while they are there before us and watch the game while they video it, then we leave and go home etc.., that's when their work start as they have to go home, prepare it all and then edit it for highlight and then sort it for the full game while going about their normal every day tasks on that day.
if I was making the videos and I shot the game, the last thing I would ever wanna do was go and edit it on a Saturday evening while all my pals are out on  a night out. feck that, id rather be with them and do the footage on the first few days of the start of the week

On 22/09/2019 at 12:46, jc1 said:

Disagree unfortunately. We were nowhere good enough on the day for us. Thornton by far deserved the win. No excuses from us just simply not good

Oh, no argument but that Thornton were the better side, sure - not least because you kept forgetting to defend. And I was being a bit flippant with my previous post - but, as a neutral, it didn't feel like 7-0 better.