21st Sept,scores & shenanigans.

Larky55

Really frustrating loss today. Had majority of chances and pressing with our old keeper Josh pulling off a few decent saves and Nicky shouldve had a cpl. 2 penalties conceded though ... both stick-ons ... neither necessary. If we can cut out the daft stuff i think we can do well. A really decent crowd at an immaculate looking Newlandsfield.  

Guest Mr Happy
Really frustrating loss today. Had majority of chances and pressing with our old keeper Josh pulling off a few decent saves and Nicky shouldve had a cpl. 2 penalties conceded though ... both stick-ons ... neither necessary. If we can cut out the daft stuff i think we can do well. A really decent crowd at an immaculate looking Newlandsfield.  

Can’t argue with that, frustrating it definitely was[emoji853]

Fair assessment, the first penalty the keeper had a moment of madness, the second there was a chance Dallas might have got on the end of it if he wasn’t fouled.

Another game for Pollok where we wouldn’t have won it in the last few years, had to dig in, got a bit of luck and got the 3 points.

[/quote

Bankies the better team again with Pollok huffing and puffing.Mistakes cost both teams goals and all easily avoidable.

Kello 0 Ardrossan 1. Kello keeper sent off, can only think for bad language - after a penalty given - to the referee (?) and Ardrossan score from the resulting penalty.
Saft as shite penalty but I'll take it. Game was utterly dreadful. Beers in the pink palace palatable

Beith 0 Kilwinning Rangers 0  f/t  Buffs missed penalty in the first half

Beith will be unhappy didn’t win this in second half missing a few great chances. Ref also somehow didn’t award pen to Beith for an infinitely more clear hand ball than Buffs award.
Buffs edged first half. Decent enough game for 0-0

2 hours ago, TFW said:

Kello 0 Ardrossan 1. Kello keeper sent off, can only think for bad language - after a penalty given - to the referee (?) and Ardrossan score from the resulting penalty.

I believe the keeper called the lad who folded in the box to win the pen a cheat and the ref thought he was talking to him.

50 minutes ago, Stargazer said:
2 hours ago, TFW said:

Saft as shite penalty but I'll take it. Game was utterly dreadful. Beers in the pink palace palatable

Agree about the game, as bad a game as I've seen for a long time, poor from both sets of players. Must've been 50-60 free kicks during the game, ref too easily conned, seemed to think every time a player let out a scream and went down it was a free kick, he had as bad a game as the players.

Blantyre Vics 7 Whitletts 4

Punters definitely got their money's worth with this one. Blantyre were in absolute cruise control, 5-0 up after 35 minutes or so. Lewis MacDonald grabbing a hatrick, pick of the bunch being an acrobatic effort for the opener. 

Whitletts pulled 2 back before the break and started the 2nd on top. Blantyre's back line fell to bits and Whitletts capitalised pulling it back to 5-4. They had Blantyre on the ropes and had chances to equalise but for a few saves and last ditch tackles.

Game was all but put to bed when Blantyre were awarded a penalty, which Ross Caldwell tucked away. Gavin Millar added another to round off the day

Overall, another good performance from Blantyre Vics. The defensive capitulation either side of half time is a bit worrying although 20 goals scored and 5 conceded in the last 4 games, you won't hear me complain too much! 

1 hour ago, pheasant plucker said:

Beith will be unhappy didn’t win this in second half missing a few great chances. Ref also somehow didn’t award pen to Beith for an infinitely more clear hand ball than Buffs award.
Buffs edged first half. Decent enough game for 0-0

Both teams had chances in the second half to win the game buffs keeper making a couple of good saves and buffs shooting of target so in the end of an entertaining 0_0 draw I would say fair result. As for the penalties can't comment on any of them as I was at the other side of the ground.

1 hour ago, lokforever said:

It was for a pull on Dallas

305457224_2ndpenalty.jpg.b93e8148ee8156f2038646b414c27078.jpg

I was standing inline with it, it was  a stone waller. I thought the keeper right after was gonna knock his own player out who pulled the player because it was so obviously that everyone saw it.    I have to admit, the other penalty Pollok received I thought the challenge could have been deemed outside the box as the referee was a bit further back but he pointed to the spot straight away and where I was standing everyone, both Clydebank and Pollok supporters said it was in the area.