Jump to content
CBRO2

West of Scotland

Recommended Posts

Planning to watch Motherwell Thistle Vs Castlemilk Dynamo, should be a cracker. However, having a few shandies tonight and Hurlford are playing over the back from me so might watch that instead - hangover dependant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MattEmulsion said:

Planning to watch Motherwell Thistle Vs Castlemilk Dynamo, should be a cracker. However, having a few shandies tonight and Hurlford are playing over the back from me so might watch that instead - hangover dependant. 

Did anyone see this? 6-0 Castlemilk and the game got abandoned from what I can see on twitter. Motherwell down to 6 men? Unfortunately I opted for the Hurlford game.

Edited by MattEmulsion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did anyone see this? 6-0 Castlemilk and the game got abandoned from what I can see on twitter. Motherwell down to 6 men? Unfortunately I opted for the Hurlford game.
I played in it. To be honest, you didnt miss much. Motherwell Thistle showed up with bare 11, one went off injured after 30 mins, we were 1-0 up and well on top. 3-0 at ht. They got a man sent off at 4-0 early in the 2nd half and they looked for any excuse to get the game abandoned, picking up other "injuries" not as exciting as it would seem from the outside. Wee bit embarrassing actually

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oban Saints 1 Inverclyde 2

Frustrating game. Saints never got going in the first ten minutes and found themselves 2 down and a man down before they started playing.

First goal from a corner. Second a penalty courtesy of the new hand ball rule. Cross, player clears it away from goal but it hits his hand, not changing direction of ball. Going by the new rule a penalty. Scored. Similar thing happens in Inverclyde box in first half . Ref never gives it.

Then counter attack  saints defender takes out striker. Last man. Straight red.

You would never have thought Saints were the team with ten men for the next 60 minutes. Had the better of the chances but shooting off today.

Number 11 for Inverclyde should have made it 3-0 around the 70th minute. Dives. Gets booked. Does something silly a minute later and gets a second yellow. Evening up numbers.

Saints must have had about 90% possession for the last 20 minutes. Inverclyde player saves on the line. Inverclyde down to 9. Saints miss penalty. 

Got a goal back with about 5 to play. A couple of half chances after that but players lacked composure with their shooting.

Well done to Inverclyde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MattEmulsion said:

 

Watched the Hurlford game today, never seen them live before and hear them getting a good rep on here but honestly I wasn't  impressed. Their front 2 were class but the rest of their team were average. Obviously one game isn't enough to judge fairly, but wasn't enamoured on first impression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MattEmulsion said:

Watched the Hurlford game today, never seen them live before and hear them getting a good rep on here but honestly I wasn't  impressed. Their front 2 were class but the rest of their team were average. Obviously one game isn't enough to judge fairly, but wasn't enamoured on first impression.

Hurlford used to be a force mate but not now. Don’t think they’ve great rep on here for about 3/4 year now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Mouth said:

Hurlford used to be a force mate but not now. Don’t think they’ve great rep on here for about 3/4 year now

It is what it is, would never hate on any team. Only know them from here. Mullen and the boy Eddie are Caviar but I thought the rest were average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/09/2019 at 19:35, Sempy13 said:
On 21/09/2019 at 18:07, MattEmulsion said:
Did anyone see this? 6-0 Castlemilk and the game got abandoned from what I can see on twitter. Motherwell down to 6 men? Unfortunately I opted for the Hurlford game.

I played in it. To be honest, you didnt miss much. Motherwell Thistle showed up with bare 11, one went off injured after 30 mins, we were 1-0 up and well on top. 3-0 at ht. They got a man sent off at 4-0 early in the 2nd half and they looked for any excuse to get the game abandoned, picking up other "injuries" not as exciting as it would seem from the outside. Wee bit embarrassing actually

Why are yous being made to replay this game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Des18 said:

What is the tie of the round then ? Some tasty looking games ahead.

Where is the full draw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/09/2019 at 19:36, 8 Bit said:

Oban Saints 1 Inverclyde 2

Frustrating game. Saints never got going in the first ten minutes and found themselves 2 down and a man down before they started playing.

First goal from a corner. Second a penalty courtesy of the new hand ball rule. Cross, player clears it away from goal but it hits his hand, not changing direction of ball. Going by the new rule a penalty. Scored. Similar thing happens in Inverclyde box in first half . Ref never gives it.

Then counter attack  saints defender takes out striker. Last man. Straight red.

You would never have thought Saints were the team with ten men for the next 60 minutes. Had the better of the chances but shooting off today.

Number 11 for Inverclyde should have made it 3-0 around the 70th minute. Dives. Gets booked. Does something silly a minute later and gets a second yellow. Evening up numbers.

Saints must have had about 90% possession for the last 20 minutes. Inverclyde player saves on the line. Inverclyde down to 9. Saints miss penalty. 

Got a goal back with about 5 to play. A couple of half chances after that but players lacked composure with their shooting.

Well done to Inverclyde.

Did the ball hit his hand before or after he kicked it? If it's after it shouldn't be a pen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nipples said:

Did the ball hit his hand before or after he kicked it? If it's after it shouldn't be a pen. 

Cross played across box. Player goes to clear it. Slices it and it hits his hand and the ball continues pretty much where the cross was going. The player had his arm out at 45  degrees so it was obvious it hit his arm.  Although accidental I guess it comes under the "The ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger". No one complained about the awarding of the penalty. I thought it was a little harsh. 

Later in the half a Saints player crosses and hits the Inverclyde players arm. No penalty. I'd say from where I was standing that the players arm was nearer his body. Ref must have interpreted it as "The ball touches a player’s hand/arm which is close to their body and has not made their body unnaturally bigger".  Accidental again but it stopped the ball going to another Saints player.

Who'd want to be a ref. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why are yous being made to replay this game? 
Games cannot continue if a team has fewer than 7 players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jaggyness said:
On 23/09/2019 at 21:54, MattEmulsion said:
Why are yous being made to replay this game? 

Games cannot continue if a team has fewer than 7 players

Surely the team with fewer than 7 would forfiet the game though? So for talking sake, if you are getting beat you can just purposely get a few bodies sent off to get a replay??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...