Queen's Park V Cowdenbeath

An absolute shambles on our part tbh. It may go some way to explaining why we were absolutely miles off it in the second half, having looked OK in the first. I don't think the potential ramifications of a points deduction in such a tight league need to be pointed out to anyone. We can't complain if it does happen. Our own stupid fault. 

9 minutes ago, an86 said:

An absolute shambles on our part tbh. It may go some way to explaining why we were absolutely miles off it in the second half, having looked OK in the first. I don't think the potential ramifications of a points deduction in such a tight league need to be pointed out to anyone. We can't complain if it does happen. Our own stupid fault. 

I think a points deduction would be very harsh. It’s different from Clyde case in that the player they played was ineligible to play. That’s not the case here.

however, it probably can’t go unpunished so I would expect a fine.

I think a points deduction would be very harsh. It’s different from Clyde case in that the player they played was ineligible to play. That’s not the case here.
however, it probably can’t go unpunished so I would expect a fine.

I would agree with this. Hardly a crime of the century. It’s the team sheet that was wrong and not an ineligible player. Still it shouldn’t have happened and some punishment (one that fits the crime) is merited.

16 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

What I heard was that it seemed to be Summers was listed as 4 in official QP SPFL team lines submitted before game but Little took the field. When pointed out at half time a delay ensued and then Queens put on Summers for Little.

Yes, with the wrong number on his back, from the team sheet that I purchased for 10p at the game. He was listed as 15 and came on with 19 on his back. This is a total shambles and comes on the back of playing a youth player at the start of the season who was only allowed to play in youth football. Here we are as a club thinking about turning Pro and we can't get the team lines right. 

Yes, with the wrong number on his back, from the team sheet that I purchased for 10p at the game. He was listed as 15 and came on with 19 on his back. This is a total shambles and comes on the back of playing a youth player at the start of the season who was only allowed to play in youth football. Here we are as a club thinking about turning Pro and we can't get the team lines right. 
I must have missed this? Who was the youth player? What game was this?
Regardless, I agree that this error on Saturday is pretty embarrassing on our part, and in hindsight it's probably just as well we didnt win the game. Will be interesting to see what the repercussions will be, hopefully nothing to harsh. Let's hope we learn our lesson and dont make that mistake again.

Fielding a player under another player's name is not just a minor point though - it also impacted on CFC's tactical set up and that is one of the reasons they noticed it. 

That’s a fair point. When you are not involved at the business end it’s easy to miss very important details. I’m glad we won the game as it could have got messy like last season with Clyde. Another brilliant result on Saturday.

Cowden grassing on us; beast behaviour.

Off at a slight tangent .... In an amateur game I was involved in where there was no numbers on the shirts (a long time ago), a player decided to give a team mate's name when he was booked. The innocent party then put someone up in the air to get sent off and gave the first guy's name.

You need the get yourself up to date on the penalty interpretation. Ball to hand etc is no longer the defining criteria, it’s all about the position of the players arm. Your website clearly shows the handball and the players outstretched arm coming into contact with the ball from a distance of about 10 yards or so. That’s a penalty, no question under the current rules. I’m not saying I agree with those rules but that’s where we are this season.
no complaint from your players or your manager other than he doesnt like the rule.
It's getting daft. We'll have players running about like penguins or playing with their hands in their pockets next. You need to use your arms to balance yourself. Whatever happened to using "seeking to gain an advantage" as a reasonable criteria.

No doubt we'll get one of these over the season; I won't be complaining then.