Queen's Park V Cowdenbeath

Very surprised that Joffrey didn’t start. Even more surprised that he didn’t get on.
Thought he must have been carrying an injury but from what I heard in club after the game that was not the case.

Substitutions not great yesterday. Needed Moore on earlier. Not sure if Little was injured or not. Defence looked a lot more shaky in second half after he went off.

We were obviously well beaten in the end but the penalty decision did change the game. Looked a very harsh decision.

Just watched the highlights. Never a pen. Rules are quite clear now, ball to hand. Definitely a game changer as Cowden just parked the bus after that. Second and third goals dreadful defending and for the second week in a row Muir fumbles a poor shot.

We had momentum running up to half time after an uneventful first 30 but 0-0 was a fair reflection. Cowden kept us at distance for most of the game and rather than drawing them out there was a number of long range shots either off target or too light. Movement lacking, passing inaccurate and a very wasteful barrowload of deadballs, both corners and free kicks.

Little was superb first half and things might have been different had he stayed on. Grant and Clark had good games but I couldn't make out the player who was marking the goal scorers, might have been Grant. I like Thomson's willingness to take the ball but he's a long way short of the all rounder that is Louderen. Missed him badly.

Special mention for Galt, but not in the usual way. That's three games on the trot he's massively underachieved. Only after the penalty he showed some interest yesterday. Poor passes, deadballs and little action with his fullback. And time to stop the diving. He would have been clean though from Thomson's pass just before the Cowden pen if he'd stayed on his feet.

Cowden were poor all round with little entertainment but like so many teams who come and sit deep at Hampden they took their chances whilst our guys stood and watched. 3-0 flattered them and embarrassed us in equal measure. We could still be playing and not have scored.

Just watched the highlights. Never a pen. Rules are quite clear now, ball to hand. Definitely a game changer as Cowden just parked the bus after that. Second and third goals dreadful defending and for the second week in a row Muir fumbles a poor shot.

We had momentum running up to half time after an uneventful first 30 but 0-0 was a fair reflection. Cowden kept us at distance for most of the game and rather than drawing them out there was a number of long range shots either off target or too light. Movement lacking, passing inaccurate and a very wasteful barrowload of deadballs, both corners and free kicks.

Little was superb first half and things might have been different had he stayed on. Grant and Clark had good games but I couldn't make out the player who was marking the goal scorers, might have been Grant. I like Thomson's willingness to take the ball but he's a long way short of the all rounder that is Louderen. Missed him badly.

Special mention for Galt, but not in the usual way. That's three games on the trot he's massively underachieved. Only after the penalty he showed some interest yesterday. Poor passes, deadballs and little action with his fullback. And time to stop the diving. He would have been clean though from Thomson's pass just before the Cowden pen if he'd stayed on his feet.

Cowden were poor all round with little entertainment but like so many teams who come and sit deep at Hampden they took their chances whilst our guys stood and watched. 3-0 flattered them and embarrassed us in equal measure. We could still be playing and not have scored.

Lol.

No you're wrong was highly entertained yesterday. Your comment re 'rules are quite clear now' is nonsensical.

22 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

I think the manager was trying to play a system and use Taylor to plays a similar role as the missing Connor Smith but for me didnt work I think Taylor better wide cutting in. Also through Robbie looked a bit all at sea as right wingback. Fraser Mullen good game again today and a real two footed player great penalty too. Usual hard work from Renton keeping keeping QP ball line busy . Once again another sold performance from Jamie Todd who is completely transformed from the player that joined us from Berwick jus seems to get better & better.

Great header from Mango for the second 2 in two also please to see Jordan Allan get a goal which will build his confidence.

As others have said maybe not at our best today but 3 nil away from home with a clean sheet with two key players missing in Smith & big Kev not too shabby.

Funny how people read things at times

Just had a good friend ask if I was having a go at the manager  with this post.

in reality quite the opposite think him Easty & Flahts are doing a first class job allowing me to enjoy Saturdays again.  Gary shaped up with a 3-5-2 which I thought was 100% right. With key players missing you have to use the squad sometimes asking people to play in roles they are not accustomed to on a regular basis  & forced into changing a winning teambut that is part of managing a squad and for me selection was 100% correct. It 

End of  we come away with 3 points & a clean sheet,  new keeper making his debut, with a team spirit that is obvious too see   is a credit to that manager & his backroom staff & who IMHO. must be a serious candidate for manager of the month he  has done a great job since taking over with continual consistent progress a real feel good feel good factor at the moment. Long may it continue

Mon the Coo

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Aw Diddums. I feel your pain:thumsup2:thumsup2

On 21/09/2019 at 18:21, vince sinclair said:

Few QP challenges in 1st should have seen yellow
Instead we get a booking for stupidly kicking the ball away
Rest worth bookings I feel
Great 3 points and another clean sheet
Happy days
Ps delay at HT - any truth in rumour QP fielded ineligible player ?

Come on TMWNN tell us about  this ineligible player, all the guys who played were as far as I could see signed players  or was it just a mistake on the team lines? If so whose mistake?

2 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Come on TMWNN tell us about  this ineligible player, all the guys who played were as far as I could see signed players  or was it just a mistake on the team lines? If so whose mistake?

As I said in an earlier post the issue relates to the latter

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Agree with all of this, although Cowden did look quite good, and kept their shape better than us. They seem to merit their position in the table. It remains to be seen if we merit ours.

Pretty even first half and 0-0 was about right with neither team dominating.

The penalty was harsh, and a game changer, surely we can all agree that at least. The key difference for me was, again, the delivery of dead balls. We had significantly more and wasted almost all of them.

Who should start in defence alongside Little and Jamieson?  I change my mind week to week, but I do prefer Summers, and I'm gaining confidence in Grant. Also, is there room for both Joffrey and Thomson? I agree with the comments on Galt, he always has had cold spells, but enough quality there to win games even when he's off-par. I'm fine with him playing to draw fouls in the box, but although he got kicked up and down yesterday, I don't like to see diving.

We can compete well enough with Cowden despite yesterday's scoreline, but plenty to work at!

Queens Park showing lack of class here, its still early in the season and even if Queens Park had their chances, they didn't take them, home advantage & lost 3-0, thats not down to Cowden being lucky, its 3 goals and you make your own luck in this game, the bigger pitch doesn't suit us all that well, we aren't that blessed with much pace in our side but make up for it in heart, its great to see the boys doing well and the club deserve this run we are on

11 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

Queens Park showing lack of class here, its still early in the season and even if Queens Park had their chances, they didn't take them, home advantage & lost 3-0, thats not down to Cowden being lucky, its 3 goals and you make your own luck in this game, the bigger pitch doesn't suit us all that well, we aren't that blessed with much pace in our side but make up for it in heart, its great to see the boys doing well and the club deserve this run we are on

?

What I heard was that it seemed to be Summers was listed as 4 in official QP SPFL team lines submitted before game but Little took the field. When pointed out at half time a delay ensued and then Queens put on Summers for Little.

What I heard was that it seemed to be Summers was listed as 4 in official QP SPFL team lines submitted before game but Little took the field. When pointed out at half time a delay ensued and then Queens put on Summers for Little.
So not like whe go horsed 3-0 by alloa a few seasons back and put on a sub who wasn't even listed on the team lines and was swiftly hooked after a few minutes. Nothing seemed to come of that as we got beat 3-0 that day anyway.

So not like whe go horsed 3-0 by alloa a few seasons back and put on a sub who wasn't even listed on the team lines and was swiftly hooked after a few minutes. Nothing seemed to come of that as we got beat 3-0 that day anyway.

Referring to that, bear in mind that match officials have a responsibility to check that substitutes coming on are listed on team lines and have the correct number before allowing them on the pitch.

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You need the get yourself up to date on the penalty interpretation. Ball to hand etc is no longer the defining criteria, it’s all about the position of the players arm. Your website clearly shows the handball and the players outstretched arm coming into contact with the ball from a distance of about 10 yards or so. That’s a penalty, no question under the current rules. I’m not saying I agree with those rules but that’s where we are this season.

no complaint from your players or your manager other than he doesnt like the rule.

1 hour ago, SuperCowden said:

They are only amateurs remember, give them a break.