Queen's Park V Cowdenbeath

7 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

Few QP challenges in 1st should have seen yellow
Instead we get a booking for stupidly kicking the ball away
Rest worth bookings I feel
Great 3 points and another clean sheet
Happy days
Ps delay at HT - any truth in rumour QP fielded ineligible player ?

3-0 win for Cowden in that case. 

Thought Cowden weren't as well organised as Albion were last week which makes it even more difficult to accept another Hampden horror with 3 goals coming from 3 set plays (ok granted one from a dubious penalty although there didn't seem to be many complaints from our guys) which is not good. 

Think the Annan game result/performance in a fortnight will be a good indication if we are going to be in the frame for a play off place.

1 minute ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Thought Cowden weren't as well organised as Albion were last week which makes it even more difficult to accept another Hampden horror with 3 goals coming from 3 set plays (ok granted one from a dubious penalty although there didn't seem to be many complaints from our guys) which is not good. 

Think the Annan game result/performance in a fortnight will be a good indication if we are going to be in the frame for a play off place.

I don’t think we played particularly well today but we won 3-0. Never felt that Queens would score from open play. Good for joe Allan to get on the scoresheet after being out so long. So all in all a good day 👍

That was dreadful today. We have no striker other than Moore and he was a substitute. Salim potentially could be useful playing alongside Kieran but on his own he has no effect. What has happened to Galt? He just doesn't seem to be on the same page at the moment. Really hard to see where goals are going to come from. Today Muir gave me the jitters. Punching instead of catching and standing fixed to his line allowing balls to cross the face of his goal. Onwards and upwards.

Edited by williebraveheart

Amazing. When we were bottom of the league we couldn't get a break for love or money. Now that we are winning the ball seems to land kindly for us. The penalty looked soft, but after we went n front we were the better team. Ref was poor. Queens Park have some decent players but lack a cutting  edge. Would have had Allen on from the start, the big pitch suits his game, but not going to criticise a manager who has won four in a row. Pity Cove are in the division, but we might surprise them yet.

1 minute ago, iateallthepies said:

Amazing. When we were bottom of the league we couldn't get a break for love or money. Now that we are winning the ball seems to land kindly for us. The penalty looked soft, but after we went n front we were the better team. Ref was poor. Queens Park have some decent players but lack a cutting  edge. Would have had Allen on from the start, the big pitch suits his game, but not going to criticise a manager who has won four in a row. Pity Cove are in the division, but we might surprise them yet.

Queens maybe had spells where they had more possession but never once broke the lines. I thought even though we where without the ball for spells when we did get it we looked far more dangerous. so not sure how you could justify dropping anyone for Allan. 

4 minutes ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

Queens maybe had spells where they had more possession but never once broke the lines. I thought even though we where without the ball for spells when we did get it we looked far more dangerous. so not sure how you could justify dropping anyone for Allan. 

I think the manager was trying to play a system and use Taylor to plays a similar role as the missing Connor Smith but for me didnt work I think Taylor better wide cutting in. Also through Robbie looked a bit all at sea as right wingback. Fraser Mullen good game again today and a real two footed player great penalty too. Usual hard work from Renton keeping keeping QP ball line busy . Once again another sold performance from Jamie Todd who is completely transformed from the player that joined us from Berwick jus seems to get better & better.

Great header from Mango for the second 2 in two also please to see Jordan Allan get a goal which will build his confidence.

As others have said maybe not at our best today but 3 nil away from home with a clean sheet with two key players missing in Smith & big Kev not too shabby.

2 hours ago, vince sinclair said:

Few QP challenges in 1st should have seen yellow
Instead we get a booking for stupidly kicking the ball away
Rest worth bookings I feel
Great 3 points and another clean sheet
Happy days
Ps delay at HT - any truth in rumour QP fielded ineligible player ?

TBF more about someone making a James Hunt of the team lines. Winning 3 nil I wouldn't envisage the club making too much of a fuss rather suspect move on look-forward to next match. How the SPFL react well who knows.