Ronaldo vs everyone else

Oleksandr

Christiane   

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think, for maybe a year or two now, I’ve been happy not to engage in the Messi vs Ronaldo debate. For me there is no vs and no debate. They are both the greatest players ever, and neither is better than the other.

And I ain’t fence-sitting. It’s fact.

F**k y’all.

Its really down to what you like in a player and if we base it on winning world cups to separate players i find that a but unfair..... theres been a lot of average players that have won a world cup.

Both Ronaldo and Messi have been raising the bar for every other player and consistently breaking records for years. For me personally i prefer Messi over Ronaldo and would put Messi down as the best ever.

We just need to appreciate seeing these players and the things they have achieved because it'll be a long long time before we see the likes of them again.

On 20/09/2019 at 09:16, nsr said:

Maradona all day long. Literally won the World Cup on his own. The other 10 stayed in the changing room.

That literally never happened though.

Anyway, the answer here is clearly Zidane...

One of the biggest misconceptions about Pele is that he played against shite. The Brazilian league was the best league in the world when he played in it, and he took a hell of a kicking from most players he played against. His performances internationally were also ridiculously good, he scored against everyone. He does talk some shite though, which makes people dislike him.

Edit - the reason Pele played in a lot of friendlies is because teams/countries from all over the world paid Brazil/Santos to play them just to see Pele.
IIRC Brazil didn't actually have a national league for most of Peles career. Travel was to difficult so games/teams played regional leagues which are still important games even today as cup competitions.
Working in Rio the debate particularly with Botafogo fans was if Garrincha was better than Pele.
Anyway you're right, Pele was better than Ronaldo.

IIRC Brazil didn't actually have a national league for most of Peles career. Travel was to difficult so games/teams played regional leagues which are still important games even today as cup competitions.
Working in Rio the debate particularly with Botafogo fans was if Garrincha was better than Pele.
Anyway you're right, Pele was better than Ronaldo.

They did have a league but it was heavily regionalised into zones such as North-East and South-West etc but the best sides still played each other. It eventually got rid of regionalisation completely around 1970. The state leagues are taken just as seriously as well as the League as you say and were very strong back then too. Pele and Garrincha are among the best ever, both arguably top 5.