Motherwell vs Ross County

Hopefully we can continue our winning run. Few games at home coming up , so if we can win those and put some space between us and the bottom teams so early in the season I'd be delighted.  Dunno if I'm the only one happy Dunne is out the team right now.  Left the Hearts game thinking I cant watch him all season doing that ball over the top pish . Think we're better without him. 3-1 to us hopefully. 

Are we becoming a bit too predictable with our team selection? I could have told you our lineup last week. Just don’t feel we are playing to the strengths of individual players and embracing the talent we have at our disposal. Hope I’m wrong though and we win, but fear we will be on the back foot  yet again today

Are we becoming a bit too predictable with our team selection? I could have told you our lineup last week. Just don’t feel we are playing to the strengths of individual players and embracing the talent we have at our disposal. Hope I’m wrong though and we win, but fear we will be on the back foot  yet again today

I quite like the midfield, with Grivosti in the Draper role, and Paton and Henderson ahead of him.

7 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Cant wait for MJC to magically reappear telling us we are doom now.

Hello, I've missed you too.

That was utterly dire from us today and we can have no complaints about losing that. Our final ball and general play in the final third just wasn't good enough, we are too slow and too lightweight. I've said it before but James Scott isn't ready yet to play regularly up front for us and he would have benefitted from being loaned out to a lower league club in order to develop his game,there is a player in there without doubt but we are doing him no favours playing him every week. The same could be said of Seedorf if I'm honest, again he looked out of his depth today. And as for our defending? Absolutely amateur stuff, especially for the second goal and I would again question Gillespie as from where I was that looked like his ball, although my vantage point wasn't the greatest so happy to be corrected on that one. 

A sore one today, but ultimately if you can't defend and have a slow, pedestrian and impotent attack then you will lose more than you win.

2 hours ago, stagdhu said:

Yet again? The season is barely 6 weeks old. 

FWIW we are 5th and just a couple of points of 2nd. I'll happily be on the back foot if that's the result. 

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

Hello, I've missed you too.

That was utterly dire from us today and we can have no complaints about losing that. Our final ball and general play in the final third just wasn't good enough, we are too slow and too lightweight. I've said it before but James Scott isn't ready yet to play regularly up front for us and he would have benefitted from being loaned out to a lower league club in order to develop his game,there is a player in there without doubt but we are doing him no favours playing him every week. The same could be said of Seedorf if I'm honest, again he looked out of his depth today. And as for our defending? Absolutely amateur stuff, especially for the second goal and I would again question Gillespie as from where I was that looked like his ball, although my vantage point wasn't the greatest so happy to be corrected on that one. 

A sore one today, but ultimately if you can't defend and have a slow, pedestrian and impotent attack then you will lose more than you win.

Get a grip of yourself, it's one match. You're a good team with a good squad and a good manager, you'll be absolutely fine. 

1 minute ago, CountyFan said:

Get a grip of yourself, it's one match. You're a good team with a good squad and a good manager, you'll be absolutely fine. 

I think we'll be fine over the course of the season in the sense that I don't think we'll be relegated, however I am allowed to be disappointed when we turn in a poor performance and that was most definitely a poor performance. I would question the quality of certain players and the manager who made a poor decision today which contributed to us chucking that away.