Motherwell vs Ross County

Looked comfortable for large swathes of that game without ever setting the heather on fire , and deservedly took the lead with a well worked goal , before conspiring to shit the nest and walk away with nothing .

Poor from Carroll to dive in so soon after picking up his first booking to get himself sent off , soft or not .

Not overly convinced with O'Hara , but early days and only a small , if dubious contribution so will reserve judgement for now .

Poor defending at both County goals , but credit to them for executing a perfect away from home smash and grab when their opportunities arose . Brian Graham absolutely loves a goal against us , and Gardyne was offered the freedom of Fir Park to stroll forward and lay it on a plate for him .

Overall a real boot in the baws to surrender the points with a late collapse , and plenty for the manager to consider going forwards with regards to selection , with the forward line stuttering , and the inexperience of our new recruits in that department obvious against a better organized defense than they have faced in the last few matches .

Ach well - things were going too smoothly...

Today was actually a very standard game in our league - ie, very little between the teams and games turning on small things -  we just made some mistakes and got punished. County were way more solid than Hibs or Hearts were and we had to work hard to break through them and I think we got a little bit disheartened doing that. I don't know whether it was the heat or something else - but our passing was slower and a bit more laboured than we've seen recently - it's probably no co-incedence that Polworth wasn't quite as good as he has been of late and I think we suffered as a result.

I thought when we scored a well worked goal that we had done that thing where you don't play that well and win - but it wasn't to be. Hopefully no over-reactions and we keep developing. 

I am not suggesting there was complacency but picking the same team seems a bit too easy.  Ross County are a different team from Hearts, why would the same things work against them. Perhaps going forward he will keep freshening it up, we have a reasonable sized squad to do that this season.

Just watched the MFC highlights Gallagher's disallowed goal is soft as shit.
Carroll's sending off was daft but the ref wasn't going to do anything until he realised who it was and his hard on to be centre of attention arrived.
O Hara is lucky that the glare on the highlights almost disguise how easy he was beaten for the winner.
The ref was that fucking useless he didnae book the County scorer for jumping the advertising boards.

That was the boot in the baws I think more than a few of us were at least half anticipating after a week of hype.

First half we looked uncomfortable trying the play through County rather than being able to play on the break and take advantage of space. As @YassinMoutaouakil said earlier there wasn't really the same intensity in the way we were playing. It all seemed a bit passive and flat. Having said that we still created a few chances and there wasn't that much wrong with Gallagher's disallowed goal, there's a slight bump in there but really...?

Second half we started playing with a bit more tempo a bit further up the park and were winning the second balls in good areas. It was a smashing goal and with 15 mins to go you expect/hope to see the game out. When it goes 1-1 and then we're down to 10 men, just make sure you don't lose. it's those sort of games that you need to grind out. Especially if you go up.

Instead we just let the game drift completely, which is where the disappointment lies IMO. The performance wasn't great but it wasn't particularly poor either and unless you're of a "look at me" disposition it's not the sort of performance to chuck the toys out the pram about.

Absolutely fair fucks to County. They matched us first half and took their chances in the second. As away performances go it was pretty textbook.

Edited by capt_oats