Motherwell vs Ross County

1 minute ago, CountyFan said:

Yet again? The season is barely 6 weeks old. 

FWIW we are 5th and just a couple of points of 2nd. I'll happily be on the back foot if that's the result. 

Yes, but at the start of this season our management team intimated that they were looking for us to push on in our performances this season and really cement ourselves in this league. Indeed it is still early in the season, however I don’t feel we have been nearly as consistent enough nor have our tactics been always suitable for the step up in level (see Livi game).

Todays result however is fantastic but Motherwell weren’t great today. It’s a positive that we took advantage of this and got the three points, however we need consistency of which this will hopefully kickstart.

If we had lost today, your opinion and many others would have changed.

Just now, MJC said:

I think we'll be fine over the course of the season in the sense that I don't think we'll be relegated, however I am allowed to be disappointed when we turn in a poor performance and that was most definitely a poor performance. I would question the quality of certain players and the manager who made a poor decision today which contributed to us chucking that away.

By all accounts except yours Well played very well today. Sometimes you get a sucker punch, it doesn't turn you into duds overnight. 

1 minute ago, stagdhu said:

Yes, but at the start of this season our management team intimated that they were looking for us to push on in our performances this season and really cement ourselves in this league. Indeed it is still early in the season, however I don’t feel we have been nearly as consistent enough nor have our tactics been always suitable for the step up in level (see Livi game).

Todays result however is fantastic but Motherwell weren’t great today. It’s a positive that we took advantage of this and got the three points, however we need consistency of which this will hopefully kickstart.

If we had lost today, your opinion and many others would have changed.

It wouldn't have because I understand that a season is 38 games long and I do not overreact to individual results. I'll leave that to MJC. 

1 minute ago, CountyFan said:

By all accounts except yours Well played very well today. Sometimes you get a sucker punch, it doesn't turn you into duds overnight. 

We took our goal very well and indeed that was a lovely move but to say we played well today is just wrong, our build up play was slow and laboured and our defending was terrible resulting in two poor goals conceded.

I thought we were alright tbh. Bit flat and not enough quality/intensity in the final third but we still created enough, if Gallagher's had counted and we were a bit more clinical we'd probably have won. County were pretty much the perfect away performance, they rode their luck a bit and benefited from Carroll and O'Hara selling the jersies but took their chances better than us when they got them.

Got to say I feel pretty robbed after that today, we were by no means fantastic but thought we done enough to merit the 3 points. Not a clue why Gallaghers header was disallowed, should’ve had a pen for a handball when Seedorf cut it back, and Ross Stewart clearly conning the ref holding his face when Carroll “assaulted” him. Fair play to county took their chances when they came along but can’t help walking away with a bad taste

Im away to cry into a pillow.......

59 minutes ago, yoda said:

We're the newly promoted side with one of the four weakest squads (on paper) in the division - we're not going to get consistency; we're going to be frustratingly inconsistent this season.

I tend to disagree with the likes of mullin , Erwin, spittal , Draper, Morris and vigurs not in the team today I’d like to think we have a strong squad 

If you get 40 points in this league you give yourself a great chance of staying up.  After 6 games we are 25% of the way to that figure and that is very pleasing.

Absolutely delighted to get back to back victories and the horrible performance v Livingston can be partially forgotten.

On 19/09/2019 at 12:46, Casagolda said:

However, it is Motherwell and a swift boot in the baws is never far away whenever we get ahead of ourselves. 

And there it is. 

To be honest, I didn’t think we were that bad. However it was fairly lacklustre performance for large spells, lacking a bit in both quality and intensity. Probably the one bit of quality football we did produce, led to a lovely opening goal. 

To throw it away from there though in the manner we did was absolutely criminal. A number of poor mistakes and naive decisions seen us somehow conspire to come away empty handed from a game we seemed relatively comfortable in. 

The entire midfield posted missing at the equaliser, as Gardyne was somehow allowed to run half the pitch unchallenged. Carroll jumping in so soon after being booked- soft 2nd yellow or not. Cole near the end taking a quick throw before slinging the ball into the box to absolutely nobody, within a minute County charge up the pitch and score the winner.  

Just really poor from us and while I don’t want to take anything away from County, you can’t help but be frustrated at the way we chucked that away today.