Elgin vs Cove

I thought Cove strolled the game and could have won by more but accept if Shane had scored from his chance in the second half the game may have changed. Cove moved the ball far better and quicker admittedly with better players. I do not think McEwan and Dingwall are either good or strong enough in midfield certainly playing them both is  not a good idea. Up front not for the first time in the league this year we looked  poor and yet another game without scoring. Football like most sports is a game of confidence and Elgin look sadly lacking in the league. They need to work harder and I felt they stood off Cove today and let them play. We need a win soon to lift spirits in the league as I think two of the top four places are up for grabs. Perhaps unlike previous seasons we will improve as the season progress. Fingers crossed!

Didn’t think Cove had to work too hard for the win today. Was in little doubt after the early goal.

Elgin didn’t offer much at all but should have equalised in the second half.

Cracking day for a game today, think I’ll be sunburnt.

Crowd of 1,000 which I thought was really impressive - is that typical for Elgin?

10 minutes ago, AR851903 said:

Didn’t think Cove had to work too hard for the win today. Was in little doubt after the early goal.

Elgin didn’t offer much at all but should have equalised in the second half.

Cracking day for a game today, think I’ll be sunburnt.

Crowd of 1,000 which I thought was really impressive - is that typical for Elgin?

Crowd attendance was really high which enhanced the atmosphere. I thought the second goal could have gone either way but Cove did pose more of attacking threat and used the ball better.

Was surprised how Cove were allowed To carry the ball from defence right into Elgin’s final third without a challenge. Happened wo or three times.

1 hour ago, MorayCup said:

Can't believe we're all of a sudden in a position where we have a 6 pointer relegation battle against Brechin next week. What a difference 2 weeks without a point makes. You have to say lose it and Gav's gotta be on a shoogly peg

Elgin are going to be in no danger of finishing near the bottom end surely. Didn’t think you played that bad today. With a bit of confidence and a decent run I think you’ll be near the promotion spots.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Elgin are going to be in no danger of finishing near the bottom end surely. Didn’t think you played that bad today. With a bit of confidence and a decent run I think you’ll be near the promotion spots.

I would take either KH or SS at Cove. You’ve got 2 pacey forwards who will score goals.

9 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Cove better in all facets of the game including tactics. Why Cameron was playing so far forward when Dingwall and Mcewan were being over run in midfield beats me. Cove best team I’ve seen at BB for some time. If they keep Fyvie and Glass they will be odds on for the league.

We’re you at the Dundee game? I haven’t see any highlights of that game but you must got a lot right on that day to beat a Championship side like them. 

Glass and Fyvie are key players who would be difficult to replace 

Cove better in all facets of the game including tactics. Why Cameron was playing so far forward when Dingwall and Mcewan were being over run in midfield beats me. Cove best team I’ve seen at BB for some time. If they keep Fyvie and Glass they will be odds on for the league.

Cove have been odds on for the league since week 3.