Elgin vs Cove

Saturday’s game should be very interesting and well contested. Going up to Borough Briggs and getting 3 points won’t be easy as I feel Elgin’s points tally belies their strength. The performance against Dundee demonstrates that.

It’ll be my first time at BB. Looking forward to seeing some goals and a keenly contested match.

I think Sutherland and Hester are quality and arguably one of the best forward duos in the league. Didn’t foresee the 1-0 loss to Stirling Albion last week at Forthbank. Was down there a few weeks back when Cove won 2-1 and thought SA offered very little.

Cove have been free scoring in the League but prone to conceding the odd goal. Fancy Fyvie to score for the fourth league game running, his reading of the game is top class, and for Masson to keep making an impact. Left back Harry Milne is a major strength both defensively and going forward.

If I was a gambling man, like Hester, I’d say a narrow away win. 2-1 to Cove.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I'm in Elgin this weekend and planning on taking this game in - I haven't been along to the Balmoral Stadium yet despite living in Aberdeen (and Cove's games quite often seem to clash with Aberdeen's games at Pittodrie).

As a neutral, hoping for goals similar to last week's game at Brechin.

Elgin fans - any advice on where best to watch the game from within the ground?

This should be a fascinating game between two of the best footballing sides in the league. Elgin are far better than their points total suggests but they will have to be at their best to beat Cove. Apart from the stand the best place to watch is from the centre part of the enclosure where you are guaranteed to hear some banter. Hoping for a windless day to allow both teams to play. My gut feeling rather than my head goes for an Elgin win.

11 minutes ago, AR851903 said:

I'm in Elgin this weekend and planning on taking this game in - I haven't been along to the Balmoral Stadium yet despite living in Aberdeen (and Cove's games quite often seem to clash with Aberdeen's games at Pittodrie).

As a neutral, hoping for goals similar to last week's game at Brechin.

Elgin fans - any advice on where best to watch the game from within the ground?

You’ll get to see some goals and quality football without the air of discontentment and dread that is all around Pittodrie! Cove are a side who like to pass it around have some lots of creative midfield players (Glass,Fyvie,Masson).

Enjoy the game and see you at Balmoral sometime this season.

Saturday’s game should be very interesting and well contested. Going up to Borough Briggs and getting 3 points won’t be easy as I feel Elgin’s points tally belies their strength. The performance against Dundee demonstrates that.
It’ll be my first time at BB. Looking forward to seeing some goals and a keenly contested match.
I think Sutherland and Hester are quality and arguably one of the best forward duos in the league. Didn’t foresee the 1-0 loss to Stirling Albion last week at Forthbank. Was down there a few weeks back when Cove won 2-1 and thought SA offered very little.
Cove have been free scoring in the League but prone to conceding the odd goal. Fancy Fyvie to score for the fourth league game running, his reading of the game is top class, and for Masson to keep making an impact. Left back Harry Milne is a major strength both defensively and going forward.
If I was a gambling man, like Hester, I’d say a narrow away win. 2-1 to Cove.

Don’t think quality and KH should be in the same sentence imo

Well fought game in the searing heat. Thought a 2 goal winning margin slightly flattered us to be fair but we deserved the win.

Elgin had a couple of chances, think Sutherland missed one in the second half which he really should have scored.

Thought KH looked dangerous. Was he injured and that’s why he was subbed at half time? If he stayed on then I’d fancy him scoring.

I think Cove need a second striker with similar pace and deadliness as KH.

Glass looked good in the second half and was starting to get the better of the tired Elgin defender legs before he got injured.

Roll on Annan at Balmoral next weekend.

Edited by CoveRangers1922