Weirdest Scottish Football Memorabilia

ScotlandGameBigJP.jpg  ScotlandGameDisplay.jpg

Spotted this in a charity shop window for £2 this afternoon and absolutely had to buy it. It truly embodies the spirit of Scottish Football in that it is fucking terrible.

This got me thinking - What are the weirdest, most daft bits of Scottish Football memorabilia you guys have seen over the years? There is a really good variety of age groups of members on here so surely there are some absolute minters. 

I've got a Ronson lighter from Frank Beattie's testimonial match in 1971. It's placed in a cube of onyx and a previous owner seems to have dropped it - as a result I can't unscrew the top to refill it. Still sparks though. I loaned it to the museum at Hampden for the Killie 150th exhibit but they decided not to use it on grounds that it still sparks which I suppose is fair enough. I'll get it back when the exhibit closes. 

As for that game itself, a certain Kenny Dalglish came to prominence when he scored six goals in a match that ended 7-2 to Celtic.

I have some of the blue and white ticker tape that blew out of the machine when Ross County lifted the league cup.

I thought I wont be celebrating any more major silverware anytime soon  so gathered up a few wind blow pieces and put them in a frame along with the ticket and photo of me and the family at the ground.

Edited by silver

In my maw's garage back home, there will still be a yellow foam seat cover that the club provided to keep our arses dry for a game against Celtic circa 1994. Most of the away support (in tears at the thrashing of the ages that they were being administered*) fashioned theirs into makeshift crosses, the madcap funsters.

*It was 1 nil us

14 hours ago, silver said:

I have some of the blue and white ticker tape that blew out of the machine when Ross County lifted the league cup.

I thought I wont be celebrating any more major silverware anytime soon  so gathered up a few wind blow pieces and put them in a frame along with the ticket and photo of me and the family at the ground.

Love this. I was at this game albeit in the opposite end with a Hibby mate - what an occasion.

As it happened I was also in the Falkirk end for the 2015 Scottish Cup Final - so the message is pretty clear. Want to see your team winning a cup final? Buy me an away ticket...

11 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Love this. I was at this game albeit in the opposite end with a Hibby mate - what an occasion.

As it happened I was also in the Falkirk end for the 2015 Scottish Cup Final - so the message is pretty clear. Want to see your team winning a cup final? Buy me an away ticket...

I was in the Hibs end at the Cup Final vs Hearts!

Needless to say there weren't many folk near me at FT!

On 18/09/2019 at 15:56, Andy_K_97 said:

I've got a Ronson lighter from Frank Beattie's testimonial match in 1971. It's placed in a cube of onyx and a previous owner seems to have dropped it - as a result I can't unscrew the top to refill it. Still sparks though. I loaned it to the museum at Hampden for the Killie 150th exhibit but they decided not to use it on grounds that it still sparks which I suppose is fair enough. I'll get it back when the exhibit closes.

But what we really want to know is: do you actually own that Dougie Donnelly action figure in your avatar...?

Hibs fans from the 2016 Scottish Cup Final surely take the crown after raiding, looting and pillaging Hampden. Amongst the souvenirs from that day:

• Wes Foderingham’s teeth.
• The contact lenses one fan wore at the match displayed at home in their original capsule and solution because they ‘witnessed history’.
• A framed lifetime football banning order.
• Corner flags, huge chunks of turf, pegs and pieces of net from the goal all nicked from Hampden. Some fans chewed off parts of the net for a memento, one conveniently had scissors with them for the job.
• During footage of Sunshine on Leith, amongst a mass sea of held up scarfs and flags, one lad can be spotted proudly holding a giant William Hill advertising board aloft.
• A smattering of suspended prison sentences.
• Overwhelmed by the crowds post match, several Hibees picked up large amounts of free 'souvenirs' from the alcohol aisles in Rutherglen Asda.
• Mark Warburton’s magic hat.
• A broken foot from a *** unceremoniously head butting it.

gettyimages-533208494-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.7b0b331709110abd44ec87f8c8465afa.jpg

22bZ_f0S5C_l.thumb.jpg.c97af38468bbd6507b20c389aabdabb2.jpg

gettyimages-533208854-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.d22ecf0062b9546aa48cf4ef494a97cb.jpg

methode-times-prod-web-bin-d7d9237c-2051-11e6-840f-4c4661f34181-1.thumb.jpg.52a739850b21b32bc1ae6fd9f7e81929.jpg

22 hours ago, IggyStooge said:

But what we really want to know is: do you actually own that Dougie Donnelly action figure in your avatar...?

Alas, no - but if Iain Connell of Burnistoun fame ever decides that he wants to part with it I'll make him a good cash offer! I think he said they used a David Tennant Doctor Who figurine and just painted the hair a different colour so that's probably the best way to get yourself a Dougie Donnelly action figure.

On 18/09/2019 at 01:52, AFCDannyFTH said:

ScotlandGameBigJP.jpg  ScotlandGameDisplay.jpg

Spotted this in a charity shop window for £2 this afternoon and absolutely had to buy it. It truly embodies the spirit of Scottish Football in that it is fucking terrible.

This got me thinking - What are the weirdest, most daft bits of Scottish Football memorabilia you guys have seen over the years? There is a really good variety of age groups of members on here so surely there are some absolute minters. 

This is brilliant! How is the game played? What are the rules etc?

Have a signed hot water bottle from the Arbroath team that my mum bid for when at hospitality. Our keeper Ricky Gomes gave me his gloves on the pitch post title win in 16/17, and at a later date I bought Steven Doris’ matchworn kit for a stupid amount of money. I sometimes wear the socks to work