Stranraer v Falkirk, 21st September

Have to give credit where it's due, so credit to McKinnon for changing it recentlyand giving the players some freedom to attack instead of the turgid narrow pish we've seen since he came in last year. If we can keep this up then (i think) a lot of the pressure will disappear from him. We missed a load of chances in both halves so it could easily have been a lot more another day.

Stranraer were comfortably the worst side we've faced in L1 so far and offered absolutely nothing but its a decent wee ground and was a good away day in the sun.

Cant make next weeks game as ill be on a stag do but a win there and we've got a massive away game against Raith to go top of the league after the first round of fixtures.

You also couldn’t have had a better day weather wise to travel.
We’ve had plenty of low points as Falkirk fans, but I still can’t remember the last time I attended a league game involving ourselves that was attended by less than today.
I think it’s more than just poor performances that’s the issue here and a definite sign of apathy amongst our support as they have lost that connection with the players. Something I expected after the dreadful decision to close the academy and totally gut the first team.
Plenty of reason for concern imo....
Is 300 not about the number we use to take up to highlands? Except from the last day relegation decider cant mind having to many more up there that often.

Highlights:

Didn't realise at the time what a good header that was from McMullan. Further out than I thought and he's also had to stoop to direct it goalwards.

Re the away support numbers, I wasn't at Airdrie or Raith Rovers, but if it was anything like the performances at Peterhead or Clyde that will have been more than enough to kill off the pre season optimism/ novelty. I must admit I was surprised we didn't take at least another 2-300 down. If Ray can set us up to attack like he did yesterday, the numbers will come flooding back 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 17:27, Reggie Perrin said:

First time at Stranraer, tidy wee ground. Very comfortable only downside was our finishing.
Question for the Stranraer fans, has the big ginger number 15 who came on in the second half ever played football before? Several stages beyond awful.

Robert Jones, we signed him as an amateur hes only young and we are trying to make him better honest...... absolutely awful. He has played for BSC, Albion Rovers and East Fife and they all punted him so it was only fair that we gave him a go for when the going gets tough and we need a target man for the ball to bounce off.