Stranraer v Falkirk, 21st September

Decided to head down to that at the last minute, pleased I did now. We were excellent today, only negative being we should have been more clinical with our chances and got a few more goals which our play thoroughly merited. Gomis or Longridge our MotM, both absolutely strolled it 

Thought we were comfortable throughout. Multiple shouts for MOTM, probably give it to Longridge. Gomis, Telfer and Buchanan were also great.

The Stranraer keeper losing the head calling one our fans a fat b*****d was a highlight.

To be fair to him he applauded our support at full time.....

Missing three defenders that would have started showed but we still were overrun by easily the best side we've faced this season. We are low in confidence and Falkirk cruised it. Currie made some fine saves.  Thanks to the Falkirk fans for boosting the crowd.

Missing three defenders that would have started showed but we still were overrun by easily the best side we've faced this season. We are low in confidence and Falkirk cruised it. Currie made some fine saves.  Thanks to the Falkirk fans for boosting the crowd.

Just 549 in attendance today making it the lowest in the division.
Whatever happened to the 1200 Falkirk fans travelling to Peterhead ? ...

Just 549 in attendance today making it the lowest in the division.
Whatever happened to the 1200 Falkirk fans travelling to Peterhead ? ...

Peterhead had the novelty factor of being our first game at this level in 40 years as well as a show of defiance.
Performances away from home since (and including) that day have been atrocious.
Hardly surprising that far fewer fans were up for a trip to the arse end of nowhere to potentially watch that sort of guff.
Conversely for the first time this season I enjoyed my day at the football.

Peterhead had the novelty factor of being our first game at this level in 40 years as well as a show of defiance.

Performances away from home since (and including) that day have been atrocious.

Hardly surprising that far fewer fans were up for a trip to the arse end of nowhere to potentially watch that sort of guff.

Conversely for the first time this season I enjoyed my day at the football.

You also couldn’t have had a better day weather wise to travel.

We’ve had plenty of low points as Falkirk fans, but I still can’t remember the last time I attended a league game involving ourselves that was attended by less than today.

I think it’s more than just poor performances that’s the issue here and a definite sign of apathy amongst our support as they have lost that connection with the players. Something I expected after the dreadful decision to close the academy and totally gut the first team.

Plenty of reason for concern imo....

You also couldn’t have had a better day weather wise to travel.

We’ve had plenty of low points as Falkirk fans, but I still can’t remember the last time I attended a league game involving ourselves that was attended by less than today.

I think it’s more than just poor performances that’s the issue here and a definite sign of apathy amongst our support as they have lost that connection with the players. Something I expected after the dreadful decision to close the academy and totally gut the first team.

Plenty of reason for concern imo....

I generally don’t disagree with you but the I feel the problem is not so much a disconnect with the team but a sense of weariness and frustration with the state of the club in general.

I generally don’t disagree with you but the I feel the problem is not so much a disconnect with the team but a sense of weariness and frustration with the state of the club in general.

Genuinely, I hope you’re right.
The next 2 games are key. Be interesting to see just how much interest there is.
Very quiet on the website, not just today but all week.