The Guardian Top 100 films since 2000

Detournement

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/sep/13/100-best-films-movies-of-the-21st-century

Presumably to mark 1/5th of the (possibly final) century being behind us The Guardian have decided to do loads of Top 100 lists. The music album list isn't even worth discussing but the film list has a lot of good stuff on it. I haven't watched enough foreign language movies to confidently critique the list but there are some strange choices and for me some crazy omissions. The fact that Ted is on the list is fucking mental.

The films that jump out as missing for me are City of God, Four Lions, Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, Children of Men, The Pianist, Inside Lewlyn Davis, Motorcycle Diaries, Y Mama Tu Tambien, Shame, Moon, Zodiac, The Master, Springbreakers, Enemy, Nightcrawler, Igby Goes Down, Moon, Moonrise Kingdom, O Brother Where Art Thou, Nocturnal Animals and the Baader Meinhoff Complex. (I possibly got carried away into some more personal choices there).

I'm not sure about There Will Be Blood as number one. The Master is better in every way and Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams and Joaquin Phoenix are incredible whereas Daniel Day Lewis and Paul Dano and that wee boy are annoying as f**k in There Will Be Blood.

Edited by Detournement