Peterhead vs Clyde

52 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Given the age of a number of our players you would expect a rebuild would be required at the end of the season if not before whether the board or Jim feel he should do it or move aside will need to be seen. Our location certainly makes things difficult for training etc with the squad getting together once a week not being ideal. Think only have two players based north of Dundee Rory & Jason Brown & rely on players keeping fitness up. We have built a reputation for looking after our players well  not by  just wages which I believe are as inflated as some think but sorting out injuries ie Nicky Riley & giving players the option of hotel before home games for guys from the borders. Many of our support moan about the lack of local players very few have come through, with no youth team any good ones tend to go to Aberdeen at very young ages & most of the ones left go Highland League so they can get home in time for their Saturday night out.

Aye Geography is always going to be a b*****d. In saying that though, you're within a 90 minute drive from the Angus area and not that much further off Dundee, must be plenty of talent around those areas? 

Either way, the facilities at Peterhead are class. Brilliant wee stadium, cracking social club, decent fan base, excellent playing surface. It's a great place for a footballer to ply his trade. Like you said though, you're up against it with Aberdeen being down the road, my future Brother in law is from Peterhead and supports Aberdeen so I see it first hand, not to mention the ridiculous amount of rangers fans in the town, can't get my head round that one. 

That last sentence just sums up Scottish fitbaw, young players priorities are all wrong. 

Was amazed at how many of the Peterhead players are overweight. Probably 7 or 8 of the starting 11 were all carrying some extra timber. Clyde looked much fitter in general too which is probably why Peterhead with the extra man for 70 mins  never managed to grab the winner. 

Edited by DeanMck

According to DL it was a harsh decision and Goodie was only trying to protect himself. Personally I don't think Goodie is a violent player and it would seem right out of character for him, proof being he rarely picks up any bookings. Would like to see the highlights, c'mon Peter Reid get them up.

2 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

According to DL it was a harsh decision and Goodie was only trying to protect himself. Personally I don't think Goodie is a violent player and it would seem right out of character for him, proof being he rarely picks up any bookings. Would like to see the highlights, c'mon Peter Reid get them 

Does an appeal involve footage of the incident?

If it doesn't, and it's a referees report only, he may be on a loser because the ref had no hesitation in giving him a red card.

If, however, it can be seen on film to be ambiguous then it could be rescinded. 

Just goes to show how bloody difficult refereeing can be. One look, decision made. 

If it doesn't, and it's a referees report only, he may be on a loser because the ref had no hesitation in giving him a red card.
Just goes to show how bloody difficult refereeing can be. One look, decision made. 

Is this a serious question? How would a decision be appealed and then potentially overturned without video footage?

14 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

I would like to think that in any red card appeal case there would be footage to use as evidence to oppose the referee's decision. As horrific as SFA are at their jobs surely even they wouldn't go purely on a refs report.

19 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I would like to think that in any red card appeal case there would be footage to use as evidence to oppose the referee's decision. As horrific as SFA are at their jobs surely even they wouldn't go purely on a refs report.

Highlights are not always available, think it was Dumbarton that were saying lately that they were struggling for volunteers to do it. Our highlights were very good in the past but are more sporadic now as they are done by a volunteer as well & if on holiday or anything not sure if he was there on Saturday or not. Have seen some clubs highlights where controversial thing are not shown in the package. As mentioned earlier not sure how they look on violent rather than dangerous play the incident on Saturday was certainly dangerous & only the player would really know if intended which would make it a violent attack, they usually back up their employee,s

5 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Highlights are not always available, think it was Dumbarton that were saying lately that they were struggling for volunteers to do it. Our highlights were very good in the past but are more sporadic now as they are done by a volunteer as well & if on holiday or anything not sure if he was there on Saturday or not. Have seen some clubs highlights where controversial thing are not shown in the package. As mentioned earlier not sure how they look on violent rather than dangerous play the incident on Saturday was certainly dangerous & only the player would really know if intended which would make it a violent attack, they usually back up their employee,s

Highlights of Goodwillie's goal are on the Official Website, and DL said he had looked at the incident a couple of times, so we must have highlights of the game, and DL must think there is a half chance if we have lodged an appeal.

For me it was a no brainier straight red from my view point, which was close enough to hear the smack.   

Looked like the ball was already cleared and he followed thru with his elbow.  

As above, Not sure they are allowed to show these incidents on the web. Surprised they are appealing,   He may get lucky though