St Johnstone v rangers, Sunday 22nd September 2019. 12:15pm

13 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Thought Rangers were pretty excellent last night up til pretty much the final pass/finish. If they press as well as that they’ll run right over the top of us.

Clark
Ralston, Kerr, Gordon, Tanser
Wright, McCann, Davidson, Wotherspoon
Kennedy
May

He may start those 11 but, I think for the reasons you stated, Kennedy will be on the left in a 5 man midfield

Rangers fans have convinced themselves they're a superpower, so we apparently have no chance, but I'll stick my head above the parapet and say I'll be absolutely delighted if their attack tomorrow is the rumoured front three of Stewart, Defoe and Barker. A hugh drop off from Morelos and Kent.

We need to be brave, nothing else for it. Rangers leave themselves wide open down the wings so need to be willing to gamble on those areas opening up. We cant leave May as isolated as he was against Aberdeen for spells either, as if we just hand them the ball constantly theyll eventually scab a goal.

Central midfield selection massive. Holt already going to be a miss, and it's all about how brave folk in there are. 19yo McCann with his biggest test yet, comes through it with flying colours and, after controlling multiple top flight games already this season, including at Pittodrie and Easter Road, Scotlands youth squads will finally notice him, shame hes already been lost to NI.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Rangers fans have convinced themselves they're a superpower, so we apparently have no chance, but I'll stick my head above the parapet and say I'll be absolutely delighted if they're attack tomorrow is the rumoured front three of Stewart, Defoe and Barker. A hugh drop off from Morelos and Kent.
We need to be brave, nothing else for it. Rangers leave themselves wide open down the wings so need to be willing to gamble on those areas opening up. We cant leave May as isolated as he was against Aberdeen for spells either, as if we just hand them the ball constantly theyll eventually scab a goal.
Central midfield selection massive. Holt already going to be a miss, and it's all about how brave folk in there are. 19yo McCann with his biggest test yet, comes through it with flying colours and, after controlling multiple top flight games already this season, including at Pittodrie and Easter Road, Scotlands youth squads will finally notice him, shame hes already been lost to NI.

As the old saying goes , if your no fast your last.
Good luck to him with Northern Ireland [emoji106]

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

TW hinting that we might see a change of shape tomorrow...

It is time.

Clark

Ralston  Kerr  Gordon  Tanser

Davidson  McCann

Wright  Kennedy  O'Halloran

May

Probably a back three.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers fans have convinced themselves they're a superpower, so we apparently have no chance, but I'll stick my head above the parapet and say I'll be absolutely delighted if their attack tomorrow is the rumoured front three of Stewart, Defoe and Barker. A hugh drop off from Morelos and Kent.

"Facts You Made Up" for this pish.

I think we'll start with Morelos and switch to Defoe after an hour.  Arfield looked completely done on Thursday so I'd also expect Aribo to start.

9 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

TW hinting that we might see a change of shape tomorrow...

It is time.

Clark

Ralston  Kerr  Gordon  Tanser

Davidson  McCann

Wright  Kennedy  O'Halloran

May

Well that’s just great. For two years Saints fans have been preaching to us that Stevie May can’t play up front on his own. Now he’s back at Saints................

Aberdeen fans when RG posted on their thread about May - HaHA YoU TragIc ObSeSSeD MesS!!!!!! PatHeTiC

Aberdeen fans when May rejoins St Johnstone - POST IN EVERY THREAD ABOUT MAY

Odd bunch.

26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Well that’s just great. For two years Saints fans have been preaching to us that Stevie May can’t play up front on his own. Now he’s back at Saints................

Wright, Kennedy and O'Halloran are sensational attacking players. It will feel like we're playing with four up front, to be honest.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen fans when RG posted on their thread about May - HaHA YoU TragIc ObSeSSeD MesS!!!!!! PatHeTiC

Aberdeen fans when May rejoins St Johnstone - POST IN EVERY THREAD ABOUT MAY

Odd bunch.

I thought it was a reasonable point. As I said, since we’ve signed Stevie May, Derek McInnes has been getting stick from Saints fans for playing May up on his own “because he can’t do that”. Now he’s back at Saints, and good luck to him, Saints fans wanting him played up front on his own. Not a dig at Stevie May, who I like as a player, a dig at hypocrisy.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I thought it was a reasonable point. As I said, since we’ve signed Stevie May, Derek McInnes has been getting stick from Saints fans for playing May up on his own “because he can’t do that”. Now he’s back at Saints, and good luck to him, Saints fans wanting him played up front on his own. Not a dig at Stevie May, who I like as a player, a dig at hypocrisy.

Kennedy played that role last season and virtually played up front beside Watt. 

May isn't a good lone striker when hes isolated, he can do a lot of things, but hes always struggled being isolated. I'd be surprised if he does it worse than either Kane or Hendry though.

The quoted formation would see Kennedy playing more advanced than it looks.

FWIW I think we'll go two up front tomorrow.