St Johnstone v rangers, Sunday 22nd September 2019. 12:15pm

Saints v sinners

Good versus evil

Rangers strong favourites, but we should be looking to take something from this game.  Have a feeling we'll set up the same as at Pittodrie with Liam Craig coming in for Jason Holt.  Personally, I'd like to see us giving Drey Wright a start as he's far too good a player to have sitting on the bench, and it's not as if we've been playing so well that we're not able to find a place for him.

Clark

Ralston  Kerr  Gordon  Tanser

Wright Davidson McCann O'Halloran

Kennedy

May

Come Monday morning, I fully expect to be reading about several top clubs' interest in £10m rated Ali McCann.

Hoping Rangers completely look down on us since we're jus a diddy side, and play their reserves after the Feyenoord game just a few days before.

We'll be right up for it, but need to try and get players closer to May. Wotherspoon in for Holt, can either play him central, or left and Kennedy and central.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Liam Craig coming in for Jason Holt

And then ...

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Clark

Kennedy

May

?

?

But I agree with the 4-4-1-1. 

I'm just waiting for, no matter what the result, the claims that because Celtic beat us 7-0 and Rangers wont, we're part of some anti-Rangers conspiracy and try harder against them.

2 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

And then ...

?

?

But I agree with the 4-4-1-1. 

Read it again VB!!

I said I have a feeling we'll set up with the 4-5-1 similar to Aberdeen (as in that's what the manager will go for), but personally I'd like to see us bring in Drey and play 4-4-1-1.

Spoiler

"Have a feeling we'll set up the same as at Pittodrie with Liam Craig coming in for Jason Holt.  Personally, I'd like to see us giving Drey Wright a start ...

Clark

Kennedy

May        "

Forgot about Spoony when I wrote it, could well be him Tommy brings in for Holt instead of Craig, as RG suggested. 

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

About time we got a result against one of the cheeks in Perth, too many times rolling over without much of a fight.

Absolutely this.

With the big exception of the close 1-2 game last December, we've given both cheeks quite an easy time of it in Perth over the past 2-3 seasons.

11 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Saints v sinners

Good versus evil

The first person to threaten my life was during a Saints Vs Rangers game back in the 1970s at Muirton.  Saints had just scored (Connolly) and I was jumping up and down waving my scarf around.  I was 12 ...  he must have been around 45.  No segregation, stewards or even police in these days.  Had a soft spot for them ever since ....  (...same opinions for the other half of the bigoted blight of Scottish football...)

On 16/09/2019 at 18:40, PauloPerth said:

Saints v sinners

Good versus evil

Rangers strong favourites, but we should be looking to take something from this game.  Have a feeling we'll set up the same as at Pittodrie with Liam Craig coming in for Jason Holt.  Personally, I'd like to see us giving Drey Wright a start as he's far too good a player to have sitting on the bench, and it's not as if we've been playing so well that we're not able to find a place for him.

Clark

Kennedy

May

Come Monday morning, I fully expect to be reading about several top clubs' interest in £10m rated Ali McCann.

I suspect we'll see this team with perhaps Craig in for McCann and possibly Kennedy swapped with MOH. Simply becuase O'Halloran's officially a striker, not a winger. 

Don't think that the opposition picked up any injuries last night (anyone?) but surely a few might be rested. Hopefully Morelos and Arfield for a start. 

Slow start, Rangers score. We fight back, Rangers tire, we equalise.

Morelos comes on after 86 minutes, scores the winner with his first touch.

Rangers fans invade the park, hoist him on their shoulders and victory march him home to their block of flats on the Newhouse Road.

Edited by RandomGuy.