Coaching/Mark Wotte/Dutch system

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Have you considered that maybe they have and don't think he's upto it?

Of course, with the caveat that NI have called him straight up and played him, but theyll have come to that decision based on him playing senior games, yet continuously call up Henderson and Kelly, who are just making their senior breakthrough, based on what? 

My point is theres a 19 yo who been impressive at lower league level last season, and in the top flight this season, yet hes never had a call up to any level, while players who've never played a single senior game are called up all the time. 

Of course, with the caveat that NI have called him straight up and played him, but theyll have come to that decision based on him playing senior games, yet continuously call up Henderson and Kelly, who are just making their senior breakthrough, based on what? 
My point is theres a 19 yo who been impressive at lower league level last season, and in the top flight this season, yet hes never had a call up to any level, while players who've never played a single senior game are called up all the time. 

I'm happy to trust the judgement of the coaches at the SFA, and if the player is happy to jump and play for another nation so readily, he's no loss.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm happy to trust the judgement of the coaches at the SFA, and if the player is happy to jump and play for another nation so readily, he's no loss.

The coaches at the SFA havent even spoken to McCann or St Johnstone about him, and the played decided to "jump ship" because he wanted to play International games at a young age to help him grow as a player and a person, and Scotland have shown literally no interest in him.

You, and others, will no doubt come steaming in about how shite McCann is and all this pish, but the point is we're losing young players because the SFA coaches are calling up players based on reputation and club ahead of anything else. It wont be long until we lose a major talent elsewhere as we've left it too late.

The coaches at the SFA havent even spoken to McCann or St Johnstone about him, and the played decided to "jump ship" because he wanted to play International games at a young age to help him grow as a player and a person, and Scotland have shown literally no interest in him.
You, and others, will no doubt come steaming in about how shite McCann is and all this pish, but the point is we're losing young players because the SFA coaches are calling up players based on reputation and club ahead of anything else. It wont be long until we lose a major talent elsewhere as we've left it too late.

I've never heard of him until now, so why would I come "steaming in" and call him pish? I'm sure there's fans of many clubs who think they have great players being overlooked, that's football.

Harry Cochrane was mentioned previously, I know Hearts fans who think he's being overlooked. Irving, Hickey etc. If you're good enough you'll get your chance.

If you're not good enough, you won't.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You know this how?

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was mentioned in an interview where its confirmed hes joining up with NI.

It's not like we don't have previous for overlooking players.

But they might just have decided he's not going to be good enough. They can't cap everybody.

Guess we will find out in a few years.

On 27/10/2019 at 14:14, RandomGuy. said:

He can still play for Scotland. 

Scotland have called up players playing well in the championship for the u21s so I highly doubt they're not picking McCann because of who he plays for.

St Johnstone fans used to say the same pish about Zander Clark and Jason Kerr, is that still a great conspiracy theory?