We're dropping like flies at Livi just now, only just got Robinson and Jacobs back and then Lithgow drops out presumably injured, and Lamie could also miss this game. Pittman doesn't look like being back anytime soon either, and Lee Miller hasn't been near the training pitch since a brief pre season appearance, before going off injured again.

Aberdeen picking up injuries to Bryson, Ojo and Gallagher at the weekend looks like seeing all 3 missing for this game too.

Anyways, difficult to predict how this game will go when we don't even know who'll be able to play for us, if Lamie and Lithgow are both out it'll be Guthrie and Pepe as our CB's, that will be interesting to watch, and if Dykes is suspended then we might see Erskine starting up front, with Robbo, Lawless & Souda playing in behind him. On the face of it with the shape we're in a draw would be a decent result, for some reason I still think we can get a win here though, so i'm going for blind optimism over common sense.

Glad to see you guys are having the same issues as we are then. Think we will have as many as 7 players out injured for this one. 3-4 of whom would have likely started. Midfield and defence both look light in numbers so hopefully the likes of Dean Campbell will be back in the squad.

Honestly no idea what side we'll be putting out at the moment.

13 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

If Lamie and Lithgow are out we could potentially bring Savane in at left back with McMillan going in at CB with Guthrie.

That would work yep, it's just that Pepe came on for Lamie against Sevco, so looks like Holt sees him as the replacement CB. No idea why Lithgow wasn't playing though, he was in an article last week saying how much he was looking forward to playing against Defoe, then wasn't in the team, so I presume he had a late injury. Really hope it wasn't anything serious and he'll be fit for this game, same with Pittman, all we've heard was that he had a click in his knee bending down to pick up his wee boy, that was about 3 weeks ago, no idea how serious it is or how long he'll be out. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Strange week; really struggling to get excited about this one in spite of the fact that games v the Dons are generally pretty challenging affairs.

With both sides suffering so many injuries so early in the season its almost like this is a pre season friendly with experimental sides. Personally I've no idea how this one is going to pan out.

Aberdeen are a tough nut to crack. They boy McLennan will be one to watch again; scored a couple for Scotland U21s. Dykes will be a huge loss as we don’t have a ready made replacement however I’m a big fan of Erskine and I think he’s the one most likely to fill that position. 

If there was a team that I felt properly got the better of us last season it was Aberdeen, but with both teams having so many injuries it’s a tough one to call. 

As mentioned above Dykes is a huge miss for us and a tough man to replace, everything that’s been good about us so far this season has really been down to how he’s been playing up top. 

Who knows what’s going on with the injured players but I reckon Robbo will be the man given the nod up front but Erskine isn’t a bad shout either. 

Stewart, Devlin, Lithgow, Guthrie, McMillan, Bartley, Jacobs, Pittman, Lawless, Erskine, Robinson. 

Id be surprised if Lamie is fit, hopefully Lithgow is back but again I’ve no idea if he will be, same goes for Pittman but if he’s fit he plays, and as I say it’s Robbo or Erskine, one wide one up top. 

Gonna go 1-1 here just because I can’t predict either teams line up. 

I think the change of formation this season, and in particular having Devlin at RB will make us a bit better in defence against Aberdeen, the back 3 didn't really work against them last season, we were exposed down the wings. Hopefully Stobbs gets more of a run out too, must be getting fit enough to get a bit more game time by now. He certainly looks a goal threat the couple of times he's come on as a sub.

Looking at our injury list of main choice players, Lithgow, Lamie, Pittman. And Dykes suspended, i'd like us to go with this line up;

Stewart

Devlin           Guthrie             McMillan*          Sevane*  

Bartley                Crawford/Jacobs

.Robinson          Souda/Stobbs         Lawless

Erskine

*hoping Lithgow makes it then he can go back into CB position with Guthrie and McMillan can move over to LB.

Do you think Crawford is a direct swap for Jacobs ??
Don’t see it different styles for me
Jacobs defensive and hard tackling
Crawford more movement and more attacking
Correct me if I’m wrong

I am on the fence big time with Souda can’t decide wether he’s a show pony that I want a fiver on or what

I would prefer a fit Jacobs ahead of Crawford any day. Jacobs steadies the ship and allows players like Bartley and Pittman to shine further up the pitch.

I like Crawford but still see his higher instances of errors as indicative of lack of experience at this level. Also when he plays it seems Bartley in particular needs to drop back which is a massive waste.

Savane is an odd one; I thought he was hugely impressive against Alloa; decidedly average against Forfar and frankly a bit flaky when he came on against St Mirren. Maybe its a matter of lack of match practice?

Don't know what's happened to Sibbald; he's been on the bench a few times but hardly made an appearance this season.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

How can you say that a player was decidedly average based on a 10 minute cameo at the end of a game?

I thought he did fine against a dangerous St. Mirren team.

He was only on for about fifty five minutes against Alloa but in that time he was one of the best first appearances since Quino; Rubio and Lovell in that SPL opener against Hearts. 

Against Alloa he was almost unstoppable - I appreciate its only Alloa (no disrespect intended)  but then again it was only Forfar. That being said pretty much the whole team was pretty average that day.

Lamie might make it now so McMillan would play as LB which would be the same back 4 as our game last week against Sevco.

Keaghan had a wee blip earlier in the season but looks back to his best, his deliveries from set pieces have also improved again, so i'd rather have him than Crawford starting, Crawford hunts the ball down well and runs about a lot so prob more like Pittman in that respect, Pittman also scores goals though which can't be replicated by Crawford. I read a quote from Holt saying he's doing some running so that's good news, doubt he's ready for this game though.

Quite like how direct and dangerous Stobbs has looked, but also like how Souda was playing as a mid 3 with Pittman and Lawless, so either of them would do for me here, if Souda starts then i'd stick him in the middle so he doesn't have as much tracking to do down the wing.

Souda seems as good with the dead ball as Jacobs; also think he does up to half a dozen killer passes into the central area for our forwards (whoever they may be) to take advantage of.

Stobbs looked good; particularly at Ross County if still a little unfit (by our standards). If he was fully fit I'd really struggle to pick from him or Robinson. However, of course, he's not injured. 

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I expect our team to look like this

Lewis

Vyner     Devlin    Consi    Leigh

Ferguson    Hedges

McLennan     Wilson    McGinn

Cosgrove

No Campbell?

Quite confident we can push on and get a point at least tomorrow, All three points well within our reach, only worry I have is the loss of Dykes, has become a vital player for us these days, can see Lawless being the match winner.

Wonder if the Dons fans will spill onto the park if they score a goal like last season , cringeworthy stuff 🤨

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I expect our team to look like this

Lewis

Vyner     Devlin    Consi    Leigh

Ferguson    Hedges

McLennan     Wilson    McGinn

Cosgrove

Would like to see that team based on the injuries, but suspect there’s an attacker too many in it for Mcinness, therefore agree possibly Campbell.