St Mirren v Hamilton Accies

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

We've been on top but not created enough. Never a penalty, although I have some sympathy with Morais because any time he has gone near Stubbs the ref has given a foul. One just after the penalty shout was laughable.

Oakley should've been off for his challenge on Flynn too.

Ref must have given at least 4 fouls against Morais for exactly the same kind of challenge he waived aside at the penalty. 

Ref doesn’t have the balls to make a call like that.

Waits 30 minutes to warn the Accies’ keeper for repeated time wasting. The let’s the piss be taken out of himself by just completely ignoring the same behaviour for the rest of the half. 

These guys should be officiating at a much lower level. 

Ref must have given at least 4 fouls against Morais for exactly the same kind of challenge he waived aside at the penalty. 

Ref doesn’t have the balls to make a call like that.

Waits 30 minutes to warn the Accies’ keeper for repeated time wasting. The let’s the piss be taken out of himself by just completely ignoring the same behaviour for the rest of the half. 

These guys should be officiating at a much lower level. 
Morais will be in the book within the first 5 mins of the second half. As I said I have some sympathy with him, but he needs to be smarter. I'd be tempted to replace him with Mullen fairly soon.

You happy with his performance today?

Hardly noticed him bud.

But then again I watch the football more than the ref.

Thought that red card Accies just got was on the soft side though.

0-0

Looked standard aerial challenge from here.

Your defender goes down holding his face & ref bought it like the ref on Thurs night for Bayo's red in Rennes.
Laughable decision from the ref. It didn't even look like a foul. I wonder if he realised that Oakley should've been off in the first half and took his opportunity.

21 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Brian Rice playing for 38 points this season, timewasting after 20 minutes, is this not an entertainment business?

It's a results business.

42 minutes ago, Lex said:

Hardly noticed him bud.

But then again I watch the football more than the ref.

Thought that red card Accies just got was on the soft side though.

0-0

How do you think he handle Accies time wasting?

i know you’re a troll, but try and answer honestly. 

FT 0-0

Brutal stuff. Accies were playing for 0-0 before they went down to 10 men, the sending off of their striker didn’t change much, just nullified their attacking threat.

Sadly we just weren’t good enough to beat a 10 man defence and a draw was a fair result.

Despite the soft sending off, BobbyF will be along to claim an anti St Mirren referee agenda shortly.

10 years ago I was on this forum raging about Accies defensive football and shithousery under Billy Reid. I actually quite admire them now, they’ve stuck to it and they have 10th place written all over them (again). Must admit I enjoyed their fans singing and dancing in the 89th minute when their goalkeeper was booked for time wasting.

We are a better team than we were last year, but the leagues better too. We will need to improve hugely if we are going to stay up.

Dreadful from us. Our play was so slow, deliberate and one dimensional. We took three passes when one would do, allowing Hamilton to get everyone behind the ball before we bothered trying to attack. It was almost as if our technical director was in charge of the tactics...

Had to laugh at Fon Williams time wasting all game but only getting booked when he was making a genuine attempt to retrieve the ball.

12 minutes ago, Lex said:

There he is, it’s all the referees fault bud (again).

I didn’t say it was the referees fault. 

i did say he was poor, and asked you a straightforward question about your thoughts on how he handles Accies’ time wasting. 

instead of answering you come back with this.

For someone who likes watching the football I thought you might have a problem with a ref who takes so much playing time out of the game. .