St Mirren v Hamilton Accies

On 22/09/2019 at 19:07, Stu said:

Folk seem to be more annoyed at Stewart being allowed to leave now than they were 12 months ago. Many folk reckoned it was good business getting money for a player who had struggled in the Championship the year before and didn't at the time appear to be good enough for the Premiership.

What confuses me more is that while Stubbs was building a squad of loan players, his own son wasn't one of them. 

Stewart was absolutely rotten for us when he played. It's just a case of a player kicking on. You could argue he should have been put out on loan but I don't think too many were bothered to see him go. We were all dreaming of the hatricks that brock-madsen was going to be scoring. Shankland is another one. You could say we made a mistake there but again another player who simply did not perform for us.

2 hours ago, christinanade said:

Stewart was absolutely rotten for us when he played. It's just a case of a player kicking on. You could argue he should have been put out on loan but I don't think too many were bothered to see him go. We were all dreaming of the hatricks that brock-madsen was going to be scoring. Shankland is another one. You could say we made a mistake there but again another player who simply did not perform for us.

He was tall. He could hold up a ball. He was never bullied.  Could lay off a ball. Most importantly he was young . Like it or not he is a hit at Ross County that should tell you all you need to know. It was a huge mistake letting Ross leave. Stubbs grrrrr!

13 hours ago, christinanade said:

I can accept that, but maybe he wasn't given time to perform for us? Zero goals, admittedly, but that's from two starts and eight sub appearances (Soccerbase). 

I know we're in a results business but maybe there's a lesson there somewhere: maybe I'm clutching at straws, but perhaps this points to our current strikeforce eventually being able to find the back of the net.

(Not having a go at you, btw, I just think as a fanbase we're very quick to decide if a player's shite and then decide there's no way back for them.)

14 hours ago, christinanade said:

No he wasn't. He was  ungainly and awkward and tended to stray off side.  In the League cup games under Stubbs, he got hardly any game time but still ended up as our top scorer when we sold him on. He was one for the future, and I think a few were ticked off at him not really being given a chance.

Shankland too, we all knew he could find the net when fit, and again left as our top scorer when Jack punted him. There were definately plenty who thought that was a mistake.

In both cases there was a rational for letting  them go, but equally one for keeping them.  Of the two, I'd rather have Stewart back than Shankland

28 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Well in Hamilton. The sooner players realise booting other players in the face isn’t acceptable the better.

Hamilton romping the red card table, 3 in six games is decent form.

3 minutes ago, Accies88 said:

Fake saints player kicks him in the face what do you expect.  Get the book thrown at him . 

You were one of the ones who emailed in weren't you?

2 hours ago, Div said:

What a fucking minter.

EFNymr9X4AAbUo3?format=jpg

Embarrassing but not really surprising.  Given the way they time wasted for 90mins on Saturday, it looks like they'll go to any lengths to scrape a point or try and weaken an opponent.  It will backfire sooner or later.