St Mirren v Hamilton Accies

Dont get the bad I'll to Hamilton.  They do what they do. Been in the premiership for years now. I would love that success they are  punching above their weight I think it's to be commend . When we start taking the Hamilton, Ross County, Livie more seriously we might get the results.  McAllister has dropped from. Time out for a few weeks will be enough to get him going again.   Paul McGinn is great as a sweeper to me it looked like he was being held back . Best player on the park was Kirk Broadfoot by a mile. Strode through the game  very effectively but also guiding. Broadfoot would make a great captain.  

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mirren fans are weird breed.

Take complete and utter offence at any tactic which doesnt allow them to win the game. Theyve regularly come to McDiarmid and time wasted so it's a bit surprising to see them acting as if it's some dark art that's below them.

That's just shite. The last time we were ahead there was last century (or at least it seems that long ago) so why would we time waste?

3 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Dont get the bad I'll to Hamilton.  They do what they do. Been in the premiership for years now. I would love that success they are  punching above their weight I think it's to be commend . When we start taking the Hamilton, Ross County, Livie more seriously we might get the results.  McAllister has dropped from. Time out for a few weeks will be enough to get him going again.   Paul McGinn is great as a sweeper to me it looked like he was being held back . Best player on the park was Kirk Broadfoot by a mile. Strode through the game  very effectively but also guiding. Broadfoot would make a great captain.  

I find it very hard to believe that any of the St Mirren players or management don’t take Hamilton, Livingston or Ross County seriously. 

8 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

^^^^In rides P&B's self appointed PC snowflake. So very predictable.

"Snowflake"?

Wisbit was banned off the site for homophobia, it's not as if it's something ali is blowing out of proportion. 

Saints failed to win that game because we did not have the guile to break down an Accies defence that worked very hard, and was very well organised. 

I really didn’t expect them to set up like they were playing a ‘big team’, and maybe Goodwin didn’t either, but it certainly worked.

Back on the ref though; absolutely not the reason we didn’t win, but I can’t imagine any fan of either club thinking that was anywhere near an acceptable performance for Scotland’s top league.

We’ve now had rookie refs for the last three games - all against ‘bottom 6’ opposition. Makes me think that the expected bottom half teams are being used as guinea pigs for refs that are just not up to it.

Accies centre backs were brilliant, so solid. Stubbs was great, but I really liked Easton as well. I was a wee bit surprised with the time wasting before the red, simply because I though Accies were well in the game and had a serious shot at winning it, but after the red it was fair enough.

For us, the issues are clear, we need to score more goals. We seemed so pedestrian. Against Aberdeen we were direct and attacked with pace. I don't know why that has changed to a plodding tippy tappy shite. I also didn't really like the subs. I didn't actually think Foley played that well, and I definetely didn't think we needed him when Accies for the man sent off. I'd have rather put Magennis in there and kept two wingers on.

Also, I didn't realise Dundee had lost to Morton, because I don't really pay attention to that league, but it's cheered me up a bit. That could have been us.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Just driven past the ground, that’s the Accies keeper leaving to go home now. 😝

He has still not taken the bye kick,so a few hours yet methinks.

A good point for us considering we played 45 minutes with ten men in that energy sapping heat which entailed a backs to the wall performance second half.

I don't get how St.Mirren fans expected anything different as we were up against it and  have played more attacking in recent games such as Hearts away.

Finally Sam Stubbs fair put that wind up merchant Jim Goodwin in his place at the end of the game after Goodwin made comments about his Dad.Quite what it had to do with him who was Alloa Manager at the time,God knows.

There's been a lot of chat about his time wasting, but I don't think anyone's mentioned OFW's save towards the end from someone's diving header. Brilliant reflexes. He did get a bit lucky with Obika blocking the rebound off the line though.

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

He has still not taken the bye kick,so a few hours yet methinks.

A good point for us considering we played 45 minutes with ten men in that energy sapping heat which entailed a backs to the wall performance second half.

I don't get how St.Mirren fans expected anything different as we were up against it and  have played more attacking in recent games such as Hearts away.

Finally Sam Stubbs fair put that wind up merchant Jim Goodwin in his place at the end of the game after Goodwin made comments about his Dad.Quite what it had to do with him who was Alloa Manager at the time,God knows.

How do you know what was said between Goodwin and Stubbs son. 

Edited by Demented Zebra