St Mirren v Hamilton Accies

St Mirren were just a worse version of the side that played us in May. Our main difference between that game and today's was Stubbs. Our use of the ball was probably better after the red card, although that was probably because there weren't two strikers to hit.

We need to start winning soon, but a point away from home with 10 men is a good result.

Between that Obika song, the rage over any decision against them and this Bobby F character, St Mirren have the worst fans ITW IMO.

One point is from the games v Livi, Ross County and Hamilton is unforgivable. That said it's clear to see Goodwin has built a good squad full of talented players, and at times we're playing some really nice football. Problem is we are nowhere near clinical enough and it's going to cost us unless we can start getting points on the board.

Today Hamilton came with the same gameplan we adopted against Rangers and the only difference was it worked for Accies, and fair play to them. Stubbs looks an excellent CB and unfortunately for him, is the spitting image of his atrocious father. I don't think the sending off changed the game (I'm not convinced  there was much in it) and we really should have scored at the end.

I thought we should have had a penalty, as soft as it would have been. The referee had been given fouls for similar nudges but Morais should be doing better. I get we're still experimenting up front but you'd have to say Mullen is the most natural goalscorer out of all of them. Hasn't had nearly enough time to impress. McAllister is an enigma and did absolutely nothing when he came on. Flynn played at least three defence-splitting passes and his partnership with Foley continues to grow. I'd stick with them.

I think we'll be fine but we need to move the ball quicker and work on being more clinical if we're going to beat teams like Hamilton and Livingston and avoid another relegation scrap. 

PS not that it determined the result, but that referee, and we're saying this week after week, was an absolute clown. Where are we getting these guys from?

Edited by fraser_smfc

12 minutes ago, christinanade said:

Considering our main tactic so far this season has been to sit with ten behind the ball and hit on the counter, why are we now raging at hamilton adopting the same tactic against us?

Agree. It's not what the other team do or dont. It's what we do which is not good enough. 

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

St Mirren were just a worse version of the side that played us in May. Our main difference between that game and today's was Stubbs. Our use of the ball was probably better after the red card, although that was probably because there weren't two strikers to hit.

We need to start winning soon, but a point away from home with 10 men is a good result.

Between that Obika song, the rage over any decision against them and this Bobby F character, St Mirren have the worst fans ITW IMO.

Like it oor not both of us will be holding up the rest of the league. Your fuckin honking also. 

We had David Munro a few weeks ago as referee and were asking the exact same questions. He’s absolutely abysmal and nowhere near good enough to be taking charge of meaningful top flight games.

We had David Munro a few weeks ago as referee and were asking the exact same questions. He’s absolutely abysmal and nowhere near good enough to be taking charge of meaningful top flight games.
I saw him do the Linlithgow v Deveronvale games a few years ago and he was the worst I have ever seen. Gave some incredible decisions. Wasnt much better today.

Well, well. There’s another 90 minutes of my life gone. Who’d have thought it? A game in the Scottish Premiership between St Mirren and Hamilton being a 0-0 shitfest. An away side who time waste from the off, against a home side who could play for a fcuking fortnight and not trouble the visiting keeper.... all overseen by an utter wankjob of a referee who isn’t biased or bent towards either team, he’s simply shite at refereeing.

Here endeth my in-depth match report, I’m off for a fcuking beer.

That has to be the worst game I’ve seen since the last time we played Hamilton. Make no mistake we were absolute dog shit from start to finish. The fact that we couldn’t score against ten men says it all. 

Now for my gripe, Accies were wasting time from around 15 mins into the game, and that could have been stopped had the inept wee fanny of a ref done his job and booked the keeper earlier in the game. 

We are toothless and lack any kind of cutting edge in the forward areas. Long season ahead and the honeymoon is over for Goody, this is nowhere near good enough.

10 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

That has to be the worst game I’ve seen since the last time we played Hamilton. Make no mistake we were absolute dog shit from start to finish. The fact that we couldn’t score against ten men says it all. 

Now for my gripe, Accies were wasting time from around 15 mins into the game, and that could have been stopped had the inept wee fanny of a ref done his job and booked the keeper earlier in the game. 

We are toothless and lack any kind of cutting edge in the forward areas. Long season ahead and the honeymoon is over for Goody, this is nowhere near good enough.

We started counting out loud how long it was taking the Accies keeper to take kicks. It was about 15 seconds each time. Then you had Flynn down for a fair bit after the Accies player who fouled him was booked.... added time at the end of the first half? - 2 mins. Flynn was down for at least all of that, so the keeper’s antics were let go completely.. If the referee had added on the correct amount of time wasted by the Accies goalie, this would have been him at full time....

15298658-1E73-4946-96CE-3F8759398136.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

We started counting out loud how long it was taking the Accies keeper to take kicks. It was about 15 seconds each time. Then you had Flynn down for a fair bit after the Accies player who fouled him was booked.... added time at the end of the first half? - 2 mins. Flynn was down for at least all of that, so the keeper’s antics were let go completely.. If the referee had added on the correct amount of time wasted by the Accies goalie, this would have been him at full time....

15298658-1E73-4946-96CE-3F8759398136.thumb.jpeg.0911f32db91619c6dedc417851f3515a.jpeg

And st Mirren still wouldn’t have scored...