Is There A Wee Team You Look Out For ??

hearthammer

Since last September when i was at Boreham Wood for the Dunfermline Challenge Cup tie, I've always looked out for them and how they're doing.  Not very good as it turns out. 

Also, when Eintracht Braunschweig were in the Bundesliga 2 years ago, i picked them as my favourite underdogs in the league and still have a soft spot for them since consecutive relegations to Bundesliga 3. Not very good as it turns out.

My big team, Dunfermline.  Not very . . . . . . . . . .

Any wee teams you support for either no or tenuous reasons ??

There are a couple

Ebbsfleet as I used to have an ownership stake through the MyFootballClub scheme.  Even though the MyFC ownership ended in tears I still keep an eye on The Fleet to see how they are doing

Reggina (even though they were a Serie A team not that long ago) as my wife's family is all from Reggio Calabria so it's her family's local team.  

BSC Glasgow, mostly because for fun I sponsored a player with my cats name in their random player sponsor draw.  The player I got, Joe Irvine, rarely features but I still follow them a bit

Aldershot (both the  original 1926 and new 1992 clubs) I used to live near there as a kid. I also followed Woking for a while when Aldershot went bust. I went to School in Woking and school friends used to watch them during their successful 90s period.

Crewe Alexandria. late 90’s everyone was supporting Man U from England and for fun I thought I’d pick a side to like. Crewe were terrible. I seen they got beat every week so I chose them. Always look out for their results.

Watford FC. I know they’re not that wee but my uncle moved to just outside London In the 90’s and chose them. He’s had a season ticket for nearly 20 years now. I like to see them do well.

54 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Crewe Alexandria. late 90’s everyone was supporting Man U from England and for fun I thought I’d pick a side to like. Crewe were terrible. I seen they got beat every week so I chose them. Always look out for their results

Such a connection with them you aren't sure what they are actually called? 

When I was younger I followed Arsenal, I’d say they’re the first team I had a proper interest in. Will still look for their score but the EPL doesn’t really interest me. Nowadays the teams result I mostly keep an eye on is Brentford, as my mate supports them and I’ve been to a few games. Hoping to get down to griffin park this season before they leave for their utterly horrendous looking new ground.

When I was wee, I picked random teams from many division all over Europe, my list;

Tottenham Hotspur - No longer care

Preston North End - Been to Deepdale many times, and also seen the PNE at Station Park. Always look out for the result.

Plymouth Argyle  - Just a glancing now and then.

York City - Been to Bootham Cresent with my girlfriend at the time '95

Sparta Rotterdam - Had a poster of Danny Blind on my wall when I was about 12, don't know where it came from.

St Pauli - I went to St Pauls school in Australia, well before I knew about the connection with the green arse cheek

Tenerife - Don't know why.

St Etienne - Had a jersey my brother in law gave me. I think he played against them when he played for Tottenham youths.

Napoli - Maradonna was God when I was wee.

Grange Thistle (AUS) - I used to play for their under '8

Now I go along to see Singburi Khai Bang Rajan on the 4th tier of the Thai League as this is my local team and to educate my son(7) that football is not all about Messi and Ronaldo.  50p to get in......no Pie or Bovril available, and the football is shite, but I like it.

Edited by SlipperyP

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Now I go along to see Singburi Khai Bang Rajan on the 4th tier of the Thai League as this is my local team and to educate my son(7) that football is not all about Messi and Ronaldo.  50p to get in......no Pie or Bovril available, and the football is shite, but I like it.

what like is their ground,do they get much in the way of crowds?

1 minute ago, highlandcowden said:

what like is their ground,do they get much in the way of crowds?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSooFBZ-3HwY0CfTtsos9k

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdFdYCUvfJ5Ny03JXZ-s-

The first is for  is the away end 

Second and hold about 3000,e2..... 

we hit around 300

. 25 away fans which I.batter , I do have a bus licence 

7 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSooFBZ-3HwY0CfTtsos9k

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdFdYCUvfJ5Ny03JXZ-s-

The first is for  is the away end 

Second and hold about 3000,e2..... 

we hit around 300

. 25 away fans which I.batter , I do have a bus licence 

nice

great youre showing the boy what its all about,no issue with folk in barca or whatever shirts enjoying their team on the telly(its a smaller world,now), its when they never shift from their armchairs or bar stools to watch whats on their doorsteps that's the problem

I grew up supporting some wee team from Edinburgh called Hearts. My granny moved to the highlands in 1994 so had the full Ross County kit, watched them in the 3rd division and worshipped Billy Ferries.

Played for Penicuik as a 8-9 year old so I follow them... but my big team are Fauldhouse Juniors :thumsup2

12109696-3A9E-4FE3-94DD-9EB29A39FE27.thumb.jpeg.7499ebbc3dedd1860f8e86eee3eea7d0.jpeg

Edited by Spyro

36 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

nice

great youre showing the boy what its all about,no issue with folk in barca or whatever shirts enjoying their team on the telly(its a smaller world,now), its when they never shift from their armchairs or bar stools to watch whats on their doorsteps that's the problem

Sorry for my English....

4thj Tier Singburi Bang Rachan.

In The Netherlands I used to look out for the results of 2 clubs I had a real soft spot for. I had some friends supporting them and went to the odd game when my own team were not playing: RBC Roosendaal and Veendam.

Both clubs went bust since though, so I don't think anyone now wants me to adopt their club as a "soft spot"...

As a child, in the days before Champ Manager was a thing, I used to play a football simulation game through the past and was randomly assigned AS Bari who were in Serie A at the time. I still keep an eye out for their results every now and again. Not sure how they compare in "size" to Motherwell tbh.

Back in the days of Dunfermline's financial cheating SPL high flying days, I was a bit of a Queen of the South fan as my mother is from the area and still have family there. For the same reason I have a soft spot for Carlisle, I think for 4 seasons in a row I made a point of attending their last home game of the season as they were usually trying to get up or stay up and always ended in a good old pitch invasion.

More recently I've been following my local CPL side York 9 FC, awful name but I'm hoping they and the league in general does well

5 hours ago, nsr said:

As a child, in the days before Champ Manager was a thing, I used to play a football simulation game through the past and was randomly assigned AS Bari who were in Serie A at the time. I still keep an eye out for their results every now and again. Not sure how they compare in "size" to Motherwell tbh.

Average sized club in Italy, usually attracting 15k - 20k in the lower divisions as they are now, but likely the biggest club down there.

In another world somewhere there is a wee Italian guy telling the internet how he follows a wee team from Scotland called Motherwell.