Celtic v Kilmarnock

The first of several Sunday fixtures for the champions since going into the Thursday night-tastic Europa League against a Kilmarnock side who seem to be finding their feet after an horrific start to the season. 

A routine, flat 2-0 win with Christie and McGregor on target. 

Absolutely shocking ticket prices from Celtic for this one.£30 for perhaps the worst away section in Scottish football is a ridiculous price to pay. I think for Killie this is the first time we have been charged £30 for a league game anywhere.And Celtic fans have the cheek to display a banner moaning about pricing.Though it may have been a dig at their own club too?

5 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Absolutely shocking ticket prices from Celtic for this one.£30 for perhaps the worst away section in Scottish football is a ridiculous price to pay. I think for Killie this is the first time we have been charged £30 for a league game anywhere.And Celtic fans have the cheek to display a banner moaning about pricing.Though it may have been a dig at their own club too?

Won't be near it as there is no way I would consider paying these prices.  

As the Italian representation in this league, I'm looking forward to  avenging the 1994 World Cup opener and beating Ireland 1-0.

Del Fabro to marshall the Celtic attack while composing an amusingly satirical operetta about the rise of populism. 

You've answered your own question there. It was aimed at all clubs including our own.

More away fans equals a better atmosphere and I wouldn't pay £30 to go to Parkhead if I was a Killie fan.

41 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Be interesting to see if Taylor makes his debut against his former club. Fancy Griffiths to get some game time for this one if possible.

Also we have a food bank collection if any Killie fans wish to chip in.

Bolingoli has looked a lot more confident and comfortable the last two games, I'd keep giving him a run out for another few games before looking at squad rotation.

13 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Bolingoli has looked a lot more confident and comfortable the last two games, I'd keep giving him a run out for another few games before looking at squad rotation.

He's drastically improved in such a short space of time but would fancy a like or two after the Rennes game, although there is the partick game midweek too as well. Lennon hasn't really been known for squad rotation though.  

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, kennysmassiveego said:

The Killie Juggernaut has had a bit of a makeover and now sports Pirelli’s , Weber carbs and been to Maranello for a tune up .

Angelos catenaccio will be a good test for celtics upcoming Lazio fixture .

As long as we don't play like Lazio did today - they were beaten 2-1 away at SPAL and were pretty atrocious in the second half after being ahead at the break.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Also we have a food bank collection if any Killie fans wish to chip in.

Not sure we will have any money left for food after being robbed of 30 pounds for a ticket for the worst viewing seats in world football 

maybe we should have a banner protest....

Would probably make alot of changes going into this game after Thursday

Forster

Bauer Jullien Ajer Taylor

Brown Ntcham

Schved Rogic Elyounoussi

Griffiths/Bayo

Not much room for rotation at CB and CM which isnt ideal. But still with the depth we have in other areas it shouldnt be an issue and we're still rediculously strong enough in other areas where we should be able to make changes and still secure a comfortable home win

3-0

5 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

Would probably make alot of changes going into this game after Thursday

Forster

Bauer Jullien Ajer Taylor

Brown Ntcham

Schved Rogic Elyounoussi

Griffiths/Bayo

Not much room for rotation at CB and CM which isnt ideal. But still with the depth we have in other areas it shouldnt be an issue and we're still rediculously strong enough in other areas where we should be able to make changes and still secure a comfortable home win

3-0

It'll be very interesting to see if Julien plays after Lennon's comments on his concussion yesterday. Something we're still not really getting right in football IMO.

As ever, a draw would be brilliant. 1 win in 65 years at Parkhead, and I seem to remember reading that - contrary to expectation - Celtic have a particularly good record in the matches immediately following a European game.