Alloa Athletic vs Ayr United

The first of a double header against the part timers of the league. Without being disrespectful we should be aiming for 6/6 points but both games will be hard.

Not really sure what to expect from Alloa here, what with them having a new manager. However I can’t see many changes from our side that won yesterday. The only change I wouldn’t be against is Houston for Geggan, just to see what the guy can do. Apart from that I’d go with the same defence, midfield and forward line.

This will be a tricky match, Alloa and Arbroath showing they won’t be the whipping boys. Also have had some good results and showings so far. Think we’ll stick with the same 11 as last week (assuming Doc is fine after looking like he might be injured yesterday) and hope maybe one or two are back on the bench coming back from injuries. Going for another 2-0 win with Moff and McCowan with the goals.

Not predicting anything for this - I'm too long in the tooth as an Ayr United fan to be doin anything else 😲. If all those heroes from yesterday are fit then I'd stick with that though I see the argument for giving Houston a run out - it'll depend on how he's looked in training and I'm certain McCall will know one way or the other. Let's get up to Alloa in numbers again and hope for another solid performance

Same team as Saturday for me with maybe Houston for Geggan as already suggested.

Plastic pitch should suit our style. I'm going for 2 nil with a Moffat double. 

P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing Andy Graham again. A class act.

Edited by Trogdor

When you look back at the head to head in recently there isn't alot in it - Last 6 reads as Alloa 2 Wins / 1 Draw / Ayr 3 Wins. 
I always feel pessimistic about going up there, probably due to bad memories in the pre-McCall era of us being roundly pumped. 

4 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

When you look back at the head to head in recently there isn't alot in it - Last 6 reads as Alloa 2 Wins / 1 Draw / Ayr 3 Wins. 
I always feel pessimistic about going up there, probably due to bad memories in the pre-McCall era of us being roundly pumped. 

If we play like we did against United and Morton, then it's a nailed on away win, however if we play like we did against QOS, then we'll be very lucky to take anything from the game.

This may sound crazy, however I firmly believe this could be the best Ayr team since I've been watching us (mid 80's) and this group, should we keep them together, COULD go on and do great things, of course keeping them all fit and getting our injured players back is a must, but right now I just think we're superb...............

Pretty sure most of the alloa fans on here repeatedly said throughout last season that they didn't like the smaller pitch.

Looking forward to this one. Always like a trip to alloa.

No idea how it will go, we were excellent on saturday but this is Ayr we are talking about so can't predict it. And I'm sure as per usual alloa will be a decent hardworking side. We'll see.

14 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Haha was a genuine question, think we won both our games there (could be wrong), but didn’t really look for results outwits our matches. 

Could go on forever, but in summary- the stats show we picked up slightly more points at home than on the road, but it didnt really seem to suit our style of play and it contributed in diminishing the quality of a lot of games.