Dundee United v Arbroath 21/09/19

What a gutting result.
I wasn't there  ; but had an awful feeling something like shipping 2 goals in 5 minutes was going to happen. No idea why as my pal said we had played very solidly.
Looking forward to the highlights though - HELLO DUNDEE UTD, WHERE ARE THEY?
Still, we won't go to many harder places that Tannadice this season and to come away feeling really gutted that we didn't win is impressive! I think we've got an amazing chance of staying up! Only wee niggling worry is the last two games of taking a lead and not holding on to it ; but still, a long way to go and lots of fitba to be played.
Ayr should be a fine test to see where we are considering their very decent start to the season (and pumping of Alloa yesterday, cheers lads)

[quote post="13217802" Only wee niggling worry is the last two games of taking a lead and not holding on to it ;

Cannot disagree with this , we did however manage to defend 1-0 leads against Alloa and Dunfermline and I know it's stating the obvious , but if we could only score more than 1 goal in a game it would make seeing out games so much easier to do ,scoring goals has been a major problem for us since January and one that has clearly not been addressed, as a team we have been terrific defensively , but we cannot hope to defend as we have done week after week against full time teams over a full season , we really need to pose a threat up front , in my opinion .

[quote post="13217802" Only wee niggling worry is the last two games of taking a lead and not holding on to it ;

Cannot disagree with this , we did however manage to defend 1-0 leads against Alloa and Dunfermline and I know it's stating the obvious , but if we could only score more than 1 goal in a game it would make seeing out games so much easier to do ,scoring goals has been a major problem for us since January and one that has clearly not been addressed, as a team we have been terrific defensively , but we cannot hope to defend as we have done week after week against full time teams over a full season , we really need to pose a threat up front , in my opinion .

Agree

Was wanting another striker but think LD and Spence been good same with Doris

Maybe could have done with another guy like Bobby to help him out a bit he's been involved in all of our goals so far

Can't see Ben Stirling playing very much at all unless we get an injury

Agree

Was wanting another striker but think LD and Spence been good same with Doris

Maybe could have done with another guy like Bobby to help him out a bit he's been involved in all of our goals so far

Can't see Ben Stirling playing very much at all unless we get an injury
Couldn't criticise Spences workrate , but he's been signed to score goals , which is yet to happen , Donnelly does not look comfortable playing as a striker although give the boy his due he is the only front player apart from Bobby who is finding the net and Doris ( who I would start most weeks) really needs someone playing up with him, none of the aforementioned can play as lone strikers .

On 19/09/2019 at 22:52, Granny Danger said:

So no Philippines?

The places I mentioned are districts of Dundee.  If you want an extensive list then I would have to add Horwich/Chorley/Hong Kong and the Philippines.  

You're not seriously suggesting I'm making up living in the Philippines, are you?  

Edited by hk blues

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The places I mentioned are districts of Dundee.  If you want an extensive list then I would have to add Horwich/Chorley/Hong Kong and the Philippines.  

One step ahead of the bailiffs on each occasion no doubt...

13 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Hammy getting rugby tackled in the box in the top pic and result is a free kick to United, ref totally bottled it. Part of the reason the Arbroath support thought the ref was useless.

7 minutes ago, keptie said:

Hammy getting rugby tackled in the box in the top pic and result is a free kick to United, ref totally bottled it. Part of the reason the Arbroath support thought the ref was useless.

The ref was seen later in the pub receiving a thick brown envelope from Robbie Neilson.

True story!

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The ref was seen later in the pub receiving a thick brown envelope from Robbie Neilson.

True story!

Any truth that Robbie is looking for mob no.  of this Saturdays man in black?

Get with the times and do an app transfer.  As he may need to resort to this activity a few more times before the season ends.

1 minute ago, Paisley Ton said:

Any truth that Robbie is looking for mob no.  of this Saturdays man in black?

Get with the times and do an app transfer.  As he may need to resort to this activity a few more times before the season ends.

Yeah.  OK.

6 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Quite enjoyed the video from behind our goal of Arbroath scoring, if only to see both Reynolds and Robson having strops despite the fact the pair of them left the gaping space that Donnelly ran into to poke the ball into the net.