Dundee United v Arbroath 21/09/19

Gutted is an understatement to how i feel we played brilliant from 1-11 and seriously the owners of dundee united better have deep pockets to keep paying shanklands goal bonus's [emoji23][emoji23]. But we have to move on to next week but think we will fine in this league if utd are the best in this league. MON THE LICHTIES

Honestly gutted

What a way to lose a football game

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

You couldn’t be more wrong.  The three points are very important but certainly not “all that matter”.

We got lucky today, very lucky, and unless Neilson realises what he’s doing wrong then there will be other games, possibly crucial games, where we won’t get so lucky.

Well that’s me telt!!!!!

Yes we were lucky, and Robbie’s formation baffling, but I’d far rather have the 3 points we got yesterday, playing the way we did, rather than get f**k all despite playing very well.  (See Arbroath FC).

Hopefully Neilson and the players will have learned from yesterday and make adjustments going forward. Robbie knows he got away with one yesterday and as I said in my rather lengthy post, Arbroath will not be the only team to come to Tannadice to set up to frustrate us, whilst playing out of their skins this year.

52 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Well that’s me telt!!!!!

Yes we were lucky, and Robbie’s formation baffling, but I’d far rather have the 3 points we got yesterday, playing the way we did, rather than get f**k all despite playing very well.  (See Arbroath FC).

Hopefully Neilson and the players will have learned from yesterday and make adjustments going forward. Robbie knows he got away with one yesterday and as I said in my rather lengthy post, Arbroath will not be the only team to come to Tannadice to set up to frustrate us, whilst playing out of their skins this year.

Sorry, there was much in your post I agreed with and I didn’t shorten it to misrepresent you.

If Neilson thinks we can continue to win games with that team selection, formation and tactics he’s delusional.

We got a win yesterday that we didn’t deserve and Neilson must learn from it.

Lesson one should be: drop Pawlett rather than setting out a formation that accommodates him.

First half was ok without being particularly good, created a few openings and if Shanklands effort off the post goes in we probably consider it job done. 2nd half was unacceptably shite. Before Sporle and McMullan came on not one of them wanted to take the ball and actually drive at the defence. Spent about 44 minutes passing it about in front of Arbroath and making it easy for them. Bailed out by having the best striker in the league.

2 minutes ago, coppola said:

Sporle was good when he came on btw. Got told by someone ITK that everyone at Utd thinks he is a good player but currently being held back by the language barrier. Seems plausible enough, you can see the guy has ability.

I thought he was excellent when he came on yesterday.

10 minutes ago, coppola said:

Sporle was good when he came on btw. Got told by someone ITK that everyone at Utd thinks he is a good player but currently being held back by the language barrier. Seems plausible enough, you can see the guy has ability.

I can buy that. Arabzone had a little interview with him earlier in the summer and Harkes had to be on hand to translate everything for him.

I wasn't remotely as pessimistic about him as a lot of our fans were after pre-season, but Spörle's recent two appearances have left me much more hopeful that he'll come good so long as we are patient and wait for him to fully settle.

Still absolutely gutted about yesterday, i could have accepted a draw but a defeat was worse than a swift kick to the plums.

We don’t have many attacking options or depth but probably the most solid team in this league. Thats 3 games we’ve taken the lead and came away with a point, dont wanna be too critical but hopefully this isn’t a recurring theme.

As for united I thought they would run away with this league and they might still if they can keep Shankland fit but other than that they have been pretty mince in the 180 mins I’ve seen them.

6 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Still absolutely gutted about yesterday, i could have accepted a draw but a defeat was worse than a swift kick to the plums.

We don’t have many attacking options or depth but probably the most solid team in this league. Thats 3 games we’ve taken the lead and came away with a point, dont wanna be too critical but hopefully this isn’t a recurring theme.

As for united I thought they would run away with this league and they might still if they can keep Shankland fit but other than that they have been pretty mince in the 180 mins I’ve seen them.

Mince maybe but steak mince.  The sort of premium quality steak mince that you happily pay that bit extra for because it’s worth it.

27 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Generally agree as usual. 

Re McMullan - the thing with him, I think, is that he's always trying to do the difficult things and the nature of the game is that it doesn't come off more than it does. His self confidence is a huge asset though, he just comes back again and again and keeps trying to beat his man or play the killer pass. That willingness to get the ball and run at defenders was sorely lacking when he wasn't on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, coppola said:

Generally agree as usual. 

Re McMullan - the thing with him, I think, is that he's always trying to do the difficult things and the nature of the game is that it doesn't come off more than it does. His self confidence is a huge asset though, he just comes back again and again and keeps trying to beat his man or play the killer pass. That willingness to get the ball and run at defenders was sorely lacking when he wasn't on the pitch.

Mcmullan's through ball for Shankland's first was a fucking peach!!

20 hours ago, captainkev said:

Hopefully Brown not even making the bench isn't a sign he's going to live up to his reputation of his injury prone already.

Also hope Cammy Smith grabs his opportunity starting today and does well.

Brown’s wife having bairn any day now.