Dundee United v Arbroath 21/09/19

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

I don't understand how after a successful pick of players, tactics and in turn points on the board he decided to change it? 

Sounds like United were very fucking lucky to get the 3pts today. Lichties must be left feeling robbed. 

Lucky in that the goals came very late and we really struggled to make the breakthrough. Arbroath got what they deserved though. Horrible little team. Very Dick Campbell.

That was pish. With 5 minutes to go I would have expected Neilsons job to be under threat. That team selection and setup was a joke.

Why shunt the ball about the back with two centre halfs that cannot pass a ball unless its 50 feet in the air when they finally pass forwards?

Not many pass marks other than Shankland for his two goals and Harkes did ok in fits and starts. Sporle surprised me too, wasn't as terrible as I expected. Chalmers did well too. Other than that...meh.

Neilson gets a 4 / 10. Must start doing better from the get go.

Felt sorry for the interloping smokie fiddlers, that shot that rattled the post could have finished the game. They weren't very good to watch but they were well drilled and effective. Exactly the type of team we struggle against.

A guy in front of me nearly had a seizure every time their keeper was wasting time. That's exactly what any team in their position would do. Plus, even if they did waste 5, even 10 minutes, we would have had 80 minutes to score against a part time team at home with players like Shankland, Pawlett, McMullan, Smith etc. All well paid pros.

2 up front please.

29 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Arbroath are comfortably the worst side I've seen at Tannadice. 

Is that why it took 2 goals in the last few minutes to beat us, apart from the ref desperately trying to help United  the whole game through you would think both clubs had the same budget.Great  performance from the Lichties  and if United are the best this league has to offer we will be fine.

Edited by keptie

2 minutes ago, keptie said:

Is that why it took 2 goals in the last few minutes to beat us, apart from the ref desperately trying to help United  the whole game through you would think both clubs had the same budget.Great  performance from the Lichties  and if United are the best this league has to offer we will be fine.

It's OK mate. Give the duvet a wee cuddle. 

I actually think we were in control of the whole game and the tactics worked a treat. Lulled them into thinking they had it won. The plan worked, score 2 late goals giving them zilch time to equalise.

Really no sure what the fuss is.

[emoji23] at least you guys have a sense of humour.

Gutted is an understatement to how i feel we played brilliant from 1-11 and seriously the owners of dundee united better have deep pockets to keep paying shanklands goal bonus's [emoji23][emoji23]. But we have to move on to next week but think we will fine in this league if utd are the best in this league. MON THE LICHTIES