Dundee United v Arbroath 21/09/19

4 hours ago, MacArab said:

Well that’s me telt!!!!!

Yes we were lucky, and Robbie’s formation baffling, but I’d far rather have the 3 points we got yesterday, playing the way we did, rather than get f**k all despite playing very well.  (See Arbroath FC).

Hopefully Neilson and the players will have learned from yesterday and make adjustments going forward. Robbie knows he got away with one yesterday and as I said in my rather lengthy post, Arbroath will not be the only team to come to Tannadice to set up to frustrate us, whilst playing out of their skins this year.

For a lot of teams we play against it’s like a cup final for them. The sooner we realise we have to at the very least up our game to match them the better it will be.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Agree entirely. Especially about the high press / intensity. Its disappeared and it shows.

If you hassle teams higher up the park, especially in this league, you will cause chaos.

That's fine as far as it goes but it's of no relevance to what happened yesterday. You can't hassle high up the park when the opposition don't want the ball.

Yesterday was about a failure to break down a packed defence. Nothing to do with being unable to regain possession quickly. They barely held the ball for more than ten seconds at a time before gifting it back to us (goal kicks and throw ins aside).

What a gutting result.

I wasn't there  ; but had an awful feeling something like shipping 2 goals in 5 minutes was going to happen. No idea why as my pal said we had played very solidly.

Looking forward to the highlights though - HELLO DUNDEE UTD, WHERE ARE THEY?

Still, we won't go to many harder places that Tannadice this season and to come away feeling really gutted that we didn't win is impressive! I think we've got an amazing chance of staying up! Only wee niggling worry is the last two games of taking a lead and not holding on to it ; but still, a long way to go and lots of fitba to be played.

Ayr should be a fine test to see where we are considering their very decent start to the season (and pumping of Alloa yesterday, cheers lads)