Dundee United v Arbroath 21/09/19

Gutted is an understatement to how i feel we played brilliant from 1-11 and seriously the owners of dundee united better have deep pockets to keep paying shanklands goal bonus's [emoji23][emoji23]. But we have to move on to next week but think we will fine in this league if utd are the best in this league. MON THE LICHTIES
Do the laughing face emojis represent anything?

Deep pockets or speculate to accumulate.?

Regardless of what we are paying Sir Lawrence, it's worth it.

Good game today though, you guys probably deserved a point.

How bad must dundee be for Utd to give them 6,
Still feel gutted over last 2 games, 1 point instead from what could of been 6,

Thought Thomson and Murphy were superb today, Wont be long until the interest steps up in ToB too, he is a a class act,

Utd have the best team in the league, and they will win the league, but we showed we can more than hold our own in the first 6 weeks,

Outstanding team performance from Arbroath today - definitely deserved to win the match.

The players will be gutted, but they are all a credit to the club and gave 100% .

Also great away support who backed the team from start to finish.

Arbroath are sitting 5th in the league and have played some great football this season - they will bounce back quickly from this defeat.

Outstanding team performance from Arbroath today - definitely deserved to win the match.
The players will be gutted, but they are all a credit to the club and gave 100% .
Also great away support who backed the team from start to finish.
Arbroath are sitting 5th in the league and have played some great football this season - they will bounce back quickly from this defeat.

Arbroath were a credit today. Can't believe Dick Campbell doesn't get a mention for more top jobs.

Do the laughing face emojis represent anything?

Deep pockets or speculate to accumulate.?

Regardless of what we are paying Sir Lawrence, it's worth it.

Good game today though, you guys probably deserved a point.

No just if he keeps up this scoring record he could break some records like and yeah we at least deserved a point. Uses hope he does not get injured like what happened at ayr 2nd half of last season.

Very impressed with Arbroath today and would have no complaints if they had won today and I feel for them that they ended up with nothing to show for a very good performance.

I can see Arbroath staying as I can not see them being heavily beaten and suffering heavy damage to confidence or goal difference unless they have a very, very bad off day which looks unlikely. 

With the exception of the remaining meetings with United I will wish Arbroath well for the rest of the season.

Lots of knicker wetting going on, on both sides here imo.

Here’s my view based on basic questions and answers.

Were United good today? No. Weird team selection formation and tactics. Overall performance poor.

Were Arbroath good today? Yes, they were very organised, well drilled and took one of their chances well, and lost out on a good result at the death.

Were our 3 points deserved? Not really, Arbroath deserved to take something out of the game without doubt

Who were the better team? Undecided. All of the stats point to United being the better team, however, given the vast gulf in budgets, this should not even be a question under debate. Arbroath punched well above their weight, but will not be the only team to do so at Tannadice this season.

Had we not got the 3 points today, should Neilson have walked or been pushed? Don’t be fucking ridiculous. 

Did we Arabs shit our pants? Yes. Twice.  Firstly at the thought of losing, secondly with the excitement of an injury time winner. Shame on the multiple ‘Diehards’ around  me that left after 65 minutes; hopefully you can experience the atmosphere of the goals you missed on Arabzone. On another note, fair fucking play to the wee laddie near me whose dad fucked off on 70 minutes, and he told his dad ‘ I want to stay - i’ll phone you after the match’.  The innocence and optimism of youth - I am glad it paid off for you.

There was only 1 goal in it ffs!! (Rant over) 

Was Shankland the difference today and will he continue to be so? Of course he fucking was and will continue to be so. That’s why we pay him £350,000 a week plus goal bonuses. As much as we all loved him, Pav would not have won us that game today. Shankland did. Other performances this season have been more team efforts, this time Shanks dug us (and Robbie) out of a deep shithole.

Was the Arbroath keeper a time wasting b*****d? Yes - but there is not another keeper on the planet in his position that would have acted differently. 

Overall - A really interesting game that for the most part United dominated, without creating too much, against a team set out to frustrate us and hooping to get something on the counter, which, but for the last few minutes for them, worked a treat. Lichties shouldn’t be too hard on us, it was Arbroath’s work effort, experience and organisation that fucked us up, and as I have said, you have a right to feel hard done by today. To walk away from Tannadice with f**k all after that performance must be hard to take. Fair play for the standing ovation you all gave your terms at the end.

At the end of the day, all that matters is the 3 points, and in seasons past, we wold not have got them. Today we did, hopefully next week we will be better and Morton shitter, and we move on.

P2BAA

6 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Did we Arabs shit our pants? Yes. Twice.  Firstly at the thought of losing, secondly with the excitement of an injury time winner. Shame on the multiple ‘Diehards’ around  me that left after 65 minutes; hopefully you can experience the atmosphere of the goals you missed on Arabzone. On another note, fair fucking play to the wee laddie near me whose dad fucked off on 70 minutes, and he told his dad ‘ I want to stay - i’ll phone you after the match’.  The innocence and optimism of youth - I am glad it paid off for you.

Although in order to do so you'll also have to put up with the bloody Arabzone co-commentator doing his version of the famous When Harry Met Sally scene over the top of Shankland's second goal.

I don't like slagging off the arabzone guys, but he's always awful on commentary.

1 minute ago, captainkev said:

Although in order to do so you'll also have to put up with the bloody Arabzone co-commentator doing his version of the famous When Harry Met Sally scene over the top of Shankland's second goal.

I don't like slagging off the arabzone guys, but he's always awful on commentary.

Yeah, fair one, but to be fair, I sounded a lot more stupid than he did when that 2nd goal went in.

He was quote composed by comparison tbh.....

26 minutes ago, MacArab said:

At the end of the day, all that matters is the 3 points, and in seasons past, we wold not have got them. Today we did, hopefully next week we will be better and Morton shitter, and we move on.

P2BAA

You couldn’t be more wrong.  The three points are very important but certainly not “all that matter”.

We got lucky today, very lucky, and unless Neilson realises what he’s doing wrong then there will be other games, possibly crucial games, where we won’t get so lucky.

15 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Yeah, fair one, but to be fair, I sounded a lot more stupid than he did when that 2nd goal went in.

He was quote composed by comparison tbh.....

I don't mind our commentators getting a little carried away, they are fans after all. But he's frequently obnoxiously loud, screeching into the mic. Arabzone's derby highlights are another example of it.

I might just be a buzz kill, but it's consistently irritated me over the years I've been subscribed to Arabzone.