Dundee United v Arbroath 21/09/19

With 5 minutes to go, that fuckin clown Neilson was out of a job. Disgraceful team selection, disgraceful tactics and a disgraceful substitution. For 85 minutes, it was like watching us last season. Slow ponderous shite with howling distribution from the back and a lack of any urgency until we brought Sporle on

ETA - Arbroath were extremely unlucky to leave with nothing. Deserved a draw minimum and arguably all three points. Solid, well organised and hard working. A team we can learn a few things from

I wasn’t at the game so pardon the ignorance, which substitution are you referring to?

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

You can't beat a last minute winner.

^This 100%. Moments like this justify always hanging around to the final whistle, no matter how bad you've been.

But that was a bloody dreadful 2nd half from us; close to East Fife levels of awfulness. Got cut open for Arbroath's goal and were inches away from conceding a spectacular 2nd not long after. Even after Arbroath sat back and tried to see out the win we looked unlikely to make something happen.

Shankland bailed us out big time, the Motm announcement said it all. The only other candidate who wouldn't have prompted derision from our support was probably Spörle, the sub. He put in a really encouraging half an hour or so, enough to be more optimistic that he isn't a dud after all.

I'm delighted with the result, but the performance raises concerns about both Neilson and the team's mentality. Appère was poor on the wing, yet Neilson subbed him very quickly after he'd finally moved him up top with Shankland. I expect most of us have sympathy for Cammy Smith out on the wing, but his performance still left a lot to be desired and I don't expect to see him in the starting line up again soon.

I don't blame or resent Arbroath's keeper for some excellent time wasting, but I do get frustrated with the referee waiting until the 85th minute until giving him even a warning about it.

A telling thing for me was that after going 2-1 up, the passing along the backline while trying to see out the win was not really much slower or less urgent than when we were chasing the game.

It looks Ayr aren't going to drop away anytime soon, and ICT are only 2 points off top now too. We need a big improvement next week.

Edited by captainkev

I wasn’t at the game so pardon the ignorance, which substitution are you referring to?
Appere going off. It was clear that Pawlett was having another off day yet he kept him on for another 10-15 minutes before eventually hooking him

We were better team imo and should’ve won the game but fair play to shankland he’s payed loads for a reason and that’s why, wasn’t in the game at all but scored 2 goals, that’s what good strikers do.
Still think we should’ve had a definite penalty when we were 1-0 up but the ref gave a free kick to them for some reason, ref was awful all day. If that’s the best team in the league tho we have nothing to fear playing the rest of the teams.

Appere going off. It was clear that Pawlett was having another off day yet he kept him on for another 10-15 minutes before eventually hooking him

Cool, fair enough.
Also, who provided the assist for the 2nd goal? Twitter said it was Smith, but it also said he came off for Mcmullan