Dundee United v Arbroath 21/09/19

9 hours ago, Philip0402 said:

A bit controversial but why don't we charge the visiting supporters what they charge us at their grounds?

You'd be charging different prices for every game then, and presumably charging home fans more/less than away fans to watch the same game.  That makes even less sense than the current system.   

Should be capped, same price at everygame in league, Premier League prices for a championship game is a shambles,

I agree that football is too expensive but a blanket cover charge across each league just wouldn’t work due to each club having individual revenue streams and different budgets. Clubs charge what they think could maximise their profits. We are charging £22/£24 most games which isn’t ideal but looking across the division most clubs are in the £20-£24 bracket with four teams charging roughly £18.

Premiership prices are much higher on average, £22-£35 (and Rangers had a £52 ticket listed on that BBC Cost of the Game thing that I am looking through).

Our new system of buying early and saving a couple of pound is a good idea IMO, but I have seen one or two question it given you end up paying more for the same seat on the day of the game.

£24 is a lot of money to get into a championship game but i think that across the board.

Would like to see caps brought in for each league ie £25 for prem, £20 for championship, £16 L1 and £14 for L2.

At least united recognise the insignificance of the biscuit cup and charged a tenner. IIRC alloa charged £18 last season?

£24 is a lot of money to get into a championship game but i think that across the board.

Would like to see caps brought in for each league ie £25 for prem, £20 for championship, £16 L1 and £14 for L2.

At least united recognise the insignificance of the biscuit cup and charged a tenner. IIRC alloa charged £18 last season?

Hopefully we do the same for the Clyde game. £10 and £5 is enough to watch us against a League 1 side

Arbroath supporters should be happy to pay £24 to watch a team of Dundee United’s calibre on their home soil.

Bring your kids along and let them marvel at the footballing magic that is only a short drive away.

I would be grateful if no one quotes this post so I can erase it if it goes tits up for us on Saturday.

Arbroath supporters should be happy to pay £24 to watch a team of Dundee United’s calibre on their home soil.
Bring your kids along and let them marvel at the footballing magic that is only a short drive away.

I would be grateful if no one quotes this post so I can erase it if it goes tits up for us on Saturday.

TBH i felt done out of a tenner last time

1 hour ago, captainkev said:

No Sarto at this one eh?

9-0 United, guaranteed.

Can some-one please tell me if there is an area set aside for Arbroath fans before I purchase my ticket on-line. I tried to e-mail  Gayfield but it was refused.[ has A.F.C. changed their e-mail address I did it on the new web site and expected it to be okay.]

Can some-one please tell me if there is an area set aside for Arbroath fans before I purchase my ticket on-line. I tried to e-mail  Gayfield but it was refused.[ has A.F.C. changed their e-mail address I did it on the new web site and expected it to be okay.]
If you click on the link for away fans you should be ok. At least that's what I did and it seems to have worked.

14 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I agree that football is too expensive but a blanket cover charge across each league just wouldn’t work due to each club having individual revenue streams and different budgets. Clubs charge what they think could maximise their profits. We are charging £22/£24 most games which isn’t ideal but looking across the division most clubs are in the £20-£24 bracket with four teams charging roughly £18.

Premiership prices are much higher on average, £22-£35 (and Rangers had a £52 ticket listed on that BBC Cost of the Game thing that I am looking through).

Our new system of buying early and saving a couple of pound is a good idea IMO, but I have seen one or two question it given you end up paying more for the same seat on the day of the game.

What guff this is, 24quid is an outrageous price at this level and there is no hiding from it

17 hours ago, hk blues said:

You'd be charging different prices for every game then, and presumably charging home fans more/less than away fans to watch the same game.  That makes even less sense than the current system.   

Not really only charging what we get charged at away grounds fairs fair.

7 hours ago, Philip0402 said:

Not really only charging what we get charged at away grounds fairs fair.

But if every team charges different prices then you will be charging different prices for every home game.  Also, why should away fans be "punished" or "rewarded" just because of the prices their club charges?  

Follow the link the club put out

Takes 2 minutes online, don't need to physically pick up any tickets and they can scan the barcode on your phone at the turnstile

Arbroath have been given the top 3 sections in the top tier of the Fair Play stand

I really hope your joking