Airdrieonians v Raith Rovers

10 minutes ago, raith-radgie said:

I’d let Stevie Anderson and Grant Anderson ride me like Shergar

Fairly certain neither of them want to ride you. Pull your pants back up. Go away and have a long hard think about what you’ve done. Nobody is impressed.

That got slightly nervier than it should've at the end, in no small part due to Steven Anderson's first real error in a Rovers jersey, conceding a completely unnecessary corner. But I'll forgive the big hunk.

Other than a couple of half-chances and stramashes, though, we never truly looked like conceding. We never really clicked going forward, but that's to be expected with Vaughan dropping out. He fills that number 10 role like nobody else in the squad. Gullan worked hard, but he's a different type of player.

The curse of the Raith Rovers goalkeeper has struck again, but McGurn is a more than able deputy.

If we beat Forfar next week, and Vaughan's injury proves to be minor, I might start looking forward to the football again.

You can almost guarantee we were about bring back Danny Armstrong and now we'll need to get a fourth keeper.

Overall a solid if unspectacular display where we made it nervy towards the end. Davidson and Benedictus appear to be a lot more confident with Anderson beside them. Miller and McDonald had quiet games compared to last week.

In midfield, Hendry and Spencer were both anonymous in the first half before putting in really good performances in the second half. Gullan and Allan plugged away tirelessly but had very little to work on.

Superb build up play for our goal. I'm moot sure why Benedictus ended up at that end of the pitch but it was well worked which was well deserved by Anderson. We probably could've had two or three, especially with that Bowie chance at the end, but I'm happy to see us take three points. On to Forfar next week.

Pretty comfortable without ever looking in any way threatening. Vaughan is only one player, but there's not much in that final third really without him today. 
That got slightly nervier than it should've at the end, in no small part due to Steven Anderson's first real error in a Rovers jersey, conceding a completely unnecessary corner. But I'll forgive the big hunk.

Other than a couple of half-chances and stramashes, though, we never truly looked like conceding. We never really clicked going forward, but that's to be expected with Vaughan dropping out. He fills that number 10 role like nobody else in the squad. Gullan worked hard, but he's a different type of player.

The curse of the Raith Rovers goalkeeper has struck again, but McGurn is a more than able deputy.

If we beat Forfar next week, and Vaughan's injury proves to be minor, I might start looking forward to the football again.
I can't really argue with any if that.
There was one bit of football played, and Raith scored from it.
Usually after a performance like that, there's one or two players you can say got pass marks.... Absolutely not one player in a diamond got anything close to a pass mark, Crichton probably the top performer with a 5/10 show.
That was eye wateringly bad, I dont think I've ever seen a game with as many misplaced, error strewn, half arsed attempts in my 27 years watching Airdrie.
Raith done what they had to, scored the goal and that was it.
The didn't even have to "shut up shop" we could play til a week on Thursday and not muster another shot at goal.
I have absolutely no clue what the boy Reilly was starting for, yet another unwarranted change to the first 11 based on absolutely zero.
Anyway, a good 3 points for Raith, a missed opportunity for us and once again staring at another season of mediocrity troubling absolutely no end of the table.

Delighted with the clean sheet. Solid enough performance with a few more errors than you’d like to see (Davo’s shocking conceding of the corner which led to the scramble and the injury to the goalie, Davo in the last few minutes appearing to leave it to the goalie and letting a boy in, and Anderson having an uncharacteristic rush of blood and conceding that daft corner at the death) but more solid than we have been. And I think our shape in general was very good which stifled Airdrie a fair deal. 

Lovely goal and delicious from Bene. Should have scored at the end but a 1-0 win was probably about fair.

The concerns are the uncertainty around the severity of Vuaghan’s Injury and the fact we need an emergency cover goalie. 

A win up at Forfar and a win at home to Falkirk and I might start to Marvin say believe. 

Devastated I can’t get blootered tonight. For those who can, fucking enjoy yourselves!! 

Speculation is that Munro has done a collar bone  

If that’s the case hopefully we’ll we able to send him back up to the highlands and use the wage for an emergency keeper replacement, wishful thinking perhaps and we’ll probably have to fork out for one.