Airdrieonians v Raith Rovers

36 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

This makes me happy emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png so one minute we are beneath you next thing a draw against us is a decent result

A draw against your mob isnt a decent result,now feck off to your own thread.East Fife fans spend more time on other teams threads than there own

One thing previous seasons and another in other posts from other rovers fans in the same day

You’re clearly showing to be a threat this season therefore a draw away to you guys is a good result like Falkirk.

In previous seasons, you were far worse than us which proved in the end therefore a draw wasn’t an acceptable result. Not hard to understand tbh.

2 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Exactly, you are a decent side this term.
Draw against you next time in Methil and two wins at San Starko and is be delighted.

If you’re still in form, I wouldn’t hate a tie at Methil next time, but I sincerely doubt you’ll book a couple of wins at Starko. Raith and East Fife are both looking to be genuine threats to Falkirk’s plans.

Wedderburn has been lazy/caught in possession/gives away ball but occasionally he has a very good long pass. Not enough to return him to the midfield. On the way down yesterday we all thought cautious murray would bring him back, even when we did not want it. He left him on the bench and I was delighted.  Raith have a long historical stranglehold over us and it will be tough. We had also struggled to beat Dumbarton in the league so anything could happen. I will wait till later in the week before I predict.

Is your Turkey holiday or whoever you are spending it with that bad your on an Airdrie v Raith Rovers thread ?[emoji16]
Hahahahaha the uproar from you lot. Once you get a better manager in then I'm sure it may even out so let us have some sort of bragging rights until then. Remember we have just endured 30 years of not beating you [emoji30][emoji30]

When the wee one isn't sleeping a wee walk round the surrounding bar areas and a wee glance at the phone while pushing her pram not allowed nah?

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Nah not into this ‘would take a draw’ pish. Get the 3 points Rovers ffs!

I also dislike it when fans say they’d take a draw. Managers and players at least disguise this sentiment by saying they hope to get a positive result. It’s regrettable and disappointing language.

12 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

When the wee one isn't sleeping a wee walk round the surrounding bar areas and a wee glance at the phone while pushing her pram not allowed nah?

Post when you like. 

Can you try to make it interesting now and then though? 

Anyway. Two tough away games coming up starting with the visit to Airdrie. Come out of these with 6pts and I'm booking the Monday off after the last game of the season as I'll still be pished after celebrating winning the league. 

the result of this match depends on whether the dirty airdrie side turns up or the footballing side turns up. footballing wise we will devastate them, but dirty play they will crucify us, or will they???? last time 9i was at airdrie they had 6 vooking and 2 sent off.

the result of this match depends on whether the dirty airdrie side turns up or the footballing side turns up. footballing wise we will devastate them, but dirty play they will crucify us, or will they???? last time 9i was at airdrie they had 6 vooking and 2 sent off.

I think you’re needing to stay off the Rakia neebur!

Geezo...

If you weren't so drunk you'd maybe realise that it's no longer 1996.

On 15/09/2019 at 20:19, Scary Bear said:

I also dislike it when fans say they’d take a draw. Managers and players at least disguise this sentiment by saying they hope to get a positive result. It’s regrettable and disappointing language.

Never understand any fan in this league who before a game is looking for a draw away from home. You aren't playing away to Liverpool on a European night or Galatasary in a 'Welcome to Hell' type scenario. Every away game in this league is playing in a pretty empty stadium (Falkirk aside) with no atmosphere in front of a few hundred fans - who if anything are more hostile towards their own players than the away ones (a problem of ours probably).

Going with the mindset of taking a draw surely cannot help, our away record to Raith is dreadful. I think it is in part due to the negative attitude we take when we go there, rather than just seeing it as a game we can win. A draw isn't terrible, but it should only ever be the insurance policy of going for a win and falling just short. Deciding beforehand that a draw is decent just seems really a weird attitude in this league. Arbroath didn't win the league last year by playing for draws away, which in previous years they probably would have done, they won it by having a positive mindset of going to each ground to win.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

5 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

😂 🤣