Airdrieonians v Raith Rovers

Forgot to say: that fucking airdrie strip. Fucking hell man it’s beautiful. Iconic, unique and eye catching. Phenomenal. The best in Scotland by a mile.

Probably made to look better in the sunshine and up against that brutal yellow number from you guys 🤪

RRFC deserved the win. Worrying performance from us. Zero entertainment

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Forgot to say: that fucking airdrie strip. Fucking hell man it’s beautiful. Iconic, unique and eye catching. Phenomenal. The best in Scotland by a mile.

Leyton Orient had the style a few years prior to Airdrieonians appropriating the design. 

Not a vintage performance at all, but job done. 

Thought we bossed the game after the first 30 mins, but there was a distinct lack of quality.

After the break, scored a really good goal and saw the game out easily. Hendry is just far too good for this level, but I thought the defence was superb. What a fucking difference Anderson has made. 

Ground out win away from home, nice change. 

Oh, and another goal for the other Anderson. Some signing that is too. 

Edited by CALDERON

2 minutes ago, Raith_Hoevers said:

Is Mcgurn called the ‘Witch’ cause he puts curses on any new Rovers number 1s

Twas i who started a thread called 'Mcgurns a witch burn him" after the ridiculous save v Ayr and it kind of stuck.......but it would not surprise me if his enchanted cauldron is utilised to cast spells on the unworthy.....

Thought we bossed the game after the first 30 mins, but there was a distinct lack of quality.
After the break, scored a really good goal and saw the game out easily. Hendry is just far too good for this level, but I thought the defence was superb. What a fucking difference Anderson has made. 
5 in 7 for gando? With sando helping us to 3 clean sheets in a row for the first time since when? What a time to be an ando at the rovers!

42 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Fucking love Grant Anderson. The passion in his goal celebrations is a thing of beauty. 

Fucking love Grant Anderson. The passion in his goal celebrations is a thing of beauty. 
Probably helps that alot of the fans backed him when he wasn't getting a game under mckinnon. He's a top bloke and having that connection is always good when going back to a club.

5 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Loved some of the possession football we played today, shame the dinosaurs roundabout me wanted the ball hoofed up the park at every opportunity.

Yup can’t understand that as well. If we have the ball, the opposition cannot score. Football is a very simple game. 

Always been a big fan of SAndo but lately that’s increased ten fold. Model pro, works his socks off and scoring goals. Great result today. Couldn’t give a f**k about the performance as 3 points away from home (and a clean sheet) is just delightful. Beers are going down braw.

35 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

20 minutes ago, grumswall said:
35 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Probably helps that alot of the fans backed him when he wasn't getting a game under mckinnon. He's a top bloke and having that connection is always good when going back to a club.

Yup. Won the Ramsdens, he saw the Stand behind the goal that day. He understands. Same now with Baird also. 

50% win rate away this season so far. And both with clean sheets. 

Edited by Wardy

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

More than once we have contrived to f**k up from this position, I wont name names.

Well of course, if you’re slack in possession then you can get punished. Time and place for a good old punt up the park, but if a team isint pressing you, then I think it’s fine to spread the play and keep the ball along the back line to stretch teams and make them come out.