Airdrieonians v Raith Rovers

6 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

the result of this match depends on whether the dirty airdrie side turns up or the footballing side turns up. footballing wise we will devastate them, but dirty play they will crucify us, or will they???? last time 9i was at airdrie they had 6 vooking and 2 sent off.

Vooking hell!

What a nutter meltdown!🙃😵🤣🙃

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 20:04, sirscottyoung said:

Hahahahaha the uproar from you lot. Once you get a better manager in then I'm sure it may even out so let us have some sort of bragging rights until then. Remember we have just endured 30 years of not beating you emoji30.pngemoji30.png

When the wee one isn't sleeping a wee walk round the surrounding bar areas and a wee glance at the phone while pushing her pram not allowed nah?

Get back to the beer and enjoy your honeymoon :P ;) 

18 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

the result of this match depends on whether the dirty airdrie side turns up or the footballing side turns up. footballing wise we will devastate them, but dirty play they will crucify us, or will they???? last time 9i was at airdrie they had 6 vooking and 2 sent off.

Is the fake John Kyle account now a Raith fan?

22 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

download.jpg

On 16/09/2019 at 21:08, Diamonds are Forever said:

Never understand any fan in this league who before a game is looking for a draw away from home. You aren't playing away to Liverpool on a European night or Galatasary in a 'Welcome to Hell' type scenario. Every away game in this league is playing in a pretty empty stadium (Falkirk aside) with no atmosphere in front of a few hundred fans - who if anything are more hostile towards their own players than the away ones (a problem of ours probably).

Going with the mindset of taking a draw surely cannot help, our away record to Raith is dreadful. I think it is in part due to the negative attitude we take when we go there, rather than just seeing it as a game we can win. A draw isn't terrible, but it should only ever be the insurance policy of going for a win and falling just short. Deciding beforehand that a draw is decent just seems really a weird attitude in this league. Arbroath didn't win the league last year by playing for draws away, which in previous years they probably would have done, they won it by having a positive mindset of going to each ground to win.

Absolutely.

Fuckingerrrintaethum Rovers!

The previous formation away from home clearly doesn't work given our horrific record. Although I was incredibly sceptical and thought it took us 15/20 minutes to settle into the formation, we actually played some decent stuff, although the fact that Peterhead's 2, 3 and 5 were arguably the worst defenders I've ever seen probably helped that situation.

Anderson is just a god of a defender and I hope that he can carry this through the whole of the season and keep Bene and Davo in check. What a great signing he can be. No attacker had a yard on him, just an old school defender and play 3 at the back allowed him time and space to spread the ball about. Vaughan returning is also a massive positive, you could see how much his goal meant to him (and what an unbelievable finish it was) and he will be hungry for more. I really hope than Granto isn't brought out the squad with players coming back though. What a great player he is and works tirelessly for the cause. One of my favourite players in a rovers jersey and has been playing brilliantly this season.

The only issue I think this formation may bring is it may keep Hendry and Spencer quiet during games as they have large ground to cover and not as much will go through the middle which means we may seem them drop a lot deeper than we'd like to receive the ball if playing through the middle, however our previous formation meant that they were caught high a lot of the time. We've been crying out for this formation for a good while now and I actually feel a lot more positive about getting results away from home and fancy a 2-1/3-1 win here (usually false optimism with the Rovers though).

On 15/09/2019 at 15:23, Diamond legend said:

Wedderburn is a waste of a jersey I hope he is not playing on Saturday.

1 hour ago, honeyboy edwards said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png exactly the same as when he was with us.
Good luck with him. Clearly a Junior player masquerading in the Senior ranks

He had some good games for us although he was past it; a good solid player but turns like an elephant.

Enjoy everyone that’s making the trip, family reasons are ruling me out the train & beers/away trip - slightly gutted!
Fancy us to win here, but close/tight, with super Stevie at the back we won’t concede*, so we a hard fought 0-1/2.

*cue a horror show from Bene as he slips a yard out a gifts an open goal to Carrick

Totally pumped for today. Amazing what a few signings, Vaughan back from injury (mostly this tbh) and a couple of wins can do. 

You realise we’re away from home?

We’ll score, possibly a couple, how many we concede is anyone’s guess.

I will admit though that there is a feeling we may have turned a corner, however it would be typical rovers to go and chuck this.