Morten vs Dundee

19 minutes ago, Dele said:

Only about 1200 home fans. :lol:

Guess we can add 'can't count' to 'can't spell' and 'can't construct a coherent point' in your many, many failings as a poster and human being. I blame the local education system. 

Team haven't turned up all season yet sit a humongous 1 (one) point behind 'the famous'. 

Spunking huge sums of money on your title challenge only to left duking it with Arbroath for a top half finish. Oh, Dundee.

9c74c64e-6c3f-45c5-bf2d-d92f2ca76697.jpg.75d3f732f4799bf49ec0864ba8c6b2a2.jpg

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Spunking huge sums of money on your title challenge only to left duking it with Arbroath for a top half finish. Oh, Dundee.

Didn't realise there was only one game left to play, f**k me, that season went in quick.

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Didn't realise there was only one game left to play, f**k me, that season went in quick.

Good to have Christmas out the road though!

Edit : I've just realised he deleted my second emoji. The heartless b*****d. :( 

Edited by Dele

3 hours ago, Maslow said:

Can’t speak for the rest of the Dee support but I left Dundee at 12.30 and arrived at the ground for the start of the 2nd HALF!
Took over 80 mins to reach the Friarton bridge only for the Glasgow turn off to be closed. Redirected through Drum (it’s a place believe me). Had to drop her off in Glasgow first then off to Greenock.
Gates at the ground closed so under an unlocked roller shutter door and in.
Utter shite from Dees after all that *

* Only my 2nd visit to Cappilow, last was in Sept 1974.
We were beaten then as well.

Come back soon. You’re very welcome.

Spoiler

Maybe leave a wee bit earlier, though, eh?

Before the game, I wasn't expecting Morton to win that, but once the game started it became clear that Dundee are nothing special.  Their tactics seem to involve long balls which our centre backs dealt with easily all game.  I thought Lewis Strapp was excellent for Morton although initially the Morton back 4 seemed to be set up fairly narrow which allowed Dundee to get the ball out wide on their right, but in the second half young Lewis on at least 3 occasions anticipated a long ball out towards the right and intercepted it, allowing him to set up attacks down our left hand side. IMHO he should be signed up on a longer contract as he looks very promising, albeit lacking in experience.

In the second half, we seemed to be sit back and soak up Dundee's feeble attacks, breaking upfield on occasion but without actually causing the Dundee keeper any real problems. Cameron Salkeld had a couple of runs through the defence but when he got his shot away it was off target.

I thought Dundee's CB, Foster, looked solid, but overall they huffed and puffed and didn't really create anything worthwhile.  Could have snatched an equalised in the last fes seconds but Morton's defence seems to be learning, and the centre backs are a massive improvement on a few weeks ago (Mclean actually put in an excellent tackle late on but i wouldn't have him in the team when we have Welsh, Grant & Baird available).

After last week's disappointing defeat, this was a wee bonus.  I think we have enough for an upper mid table finish; not sure if our improvement will extend beyond that.  if we were to win at Tannadice next week, I might review that assessment.

14 hours ago, Alibi said:

Before the game, I wasn't expecting Morton to win that, but once the game started it became clear that Dundee are nothing special.  Their tactics seem to involve long balls which our centre backs dealt with easily all game.  I thought Lewis Strapp was excellent for Morton although initially the Morton back 4 seemed to be set up fairly narrow which allowed Dundee to get the ball out wide on their right, but in the second half young Lewis on at least 3 occasions anticipated a long ball out towards the right and intercepted it, allowing him to set up attacks down our left hand side. IMHO he should be signed up on a longer contract as he looks very promising, albeit lacking in experience.

In the second half, we seemed to be sit back and soak up Dundee's feeble attacks, breaking upfield on occasion but without actually causing the Dundee keeper any real problems. Cameron Salkeld had a couple of runs through the defence but when he got his shot away it was off target.

I thought Dundee's CB, Foster, looked solid, but overall they huffed and puffed and didn't really create anything worthwhile.  Could have snatched an equalised in the last fes seconds but Morton's defence seems to be learning, and the centre backs are a massive improvement on a few weeks ago (Mclean actually put in an excellent tackle late on but i wouldn't have him in the team when we have Welsh, Grant & Baird available).

After last week's disappointing defeat, this was a wee bonus.  I think we have enough for an upper mid table finish; not sure if our improvement will extend beyond that.  if we were to win at Tannadice next week, I might review that assessment.

Felt like Dundee targeted long balls over Strapp, possibly after seeing ICT score that exact way a few weeks back. They hardly ever played long balls to our right side.

Thankfully the quality either wasn't there or Strapp  did a good job of intercepting many of them.