Morten vs Dundee

Well a long drive for f**k all. Fair doos to Morton. Easily contained our possession based game and could have had more goals on the break. We are far too ponderous. McDaid had a decent first half.
On the plus side it’s a beautiful drive down the Clyde, especially on a day like today and Cappielow, although a bit tatty round the edges, looked great in the sun. Fantastic steak pie too. Good luck lads.

Johnson was laughed out of Motherwell and could barely get a game, Nelson has never scored more than 4 goals in a season higher than non-league, McPake is a kid who has less than 140 senior minutes under his belt and got subbed off at half time today, and Dorrans has played 3 games in 16 months.
Its absolute fucking delusion that you think that collection of players is worth boasting about.

That’s harsh on Johnson who was rated at Motherwell but he chose to leave because others were ahead of him in the pecking order.

4 hours ago, Colkitto said:

The CB partnership of Grant and Baird looks promising. Welsh and Strapp also played well. The defence actually looking like a defence at last.

We set our stall out 2nd half and it worked brilliantly. Rodgers didn't have a save to make that I can remember. 

Salkeld and Blues played well when they came on also. Salkeld has that unpredictability about him and I mean that in a good way. The lad most certainly has potential.

I thought we deserved that in the end up. Lot of hard graft and determination - love it!  

You have Grant and Baird at the back! that's good business. Two very good young defenders in my opinion. Baird is a straight forward up and at them player with the bonus of a bit of pace. Grant might be  a bit better playing the ball, was always impressed with him Baird and Grant must be the best two center halfs in your division. 

1 minute ago, Insaintee said:

You have Grant and Baird at the back! that's good business. Two very good young defenders in my opinion. Baird is a straight forward up and at them player with the bonus of a bit of pace. Grant might be  a bit better playing the ball, was always impressed with him Baird and Grant must be the best two center halfs in your division. 

Worked well together today. Thought the whole defence played well. Good team performance all round in fact

6 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Our defence has been chopped and changed week to week since the start of the season, including midfielders playing centre and right back and that has heavily contributed to the goals conceded. 

Hopefully we now have a settled back 4 of actual defenders and we become the team we expected to be under Hopkin; disciplined, organised, hard to beat etc etc. 

First time seeing Baird today and certainly seemed less nervous and clumsy than he did a few years ago and more crucially Grant looked more comfortable playing with an actual centre half. 

33 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

That’s harsh on Johnson who was rated at Motherwell but he chose to leave because others were ahead of him in the pecking order.

Who was he rated by?

Their fans on here, roundly, called him lazy and didn't think he could play in the top flight because everything except his finishing was below standard. He couldn't displace Curtis Main from the first team, who scored a mighty 3 league goals last season. Main signed a PCA with Aberdeen before Johnson was allowed to leave Motherwell aswell.

Who was he rated by?
Their fans on here, roundly, called him lazy and didn't think he could play in the top flight because everything except his finishing was below standard. He couldn't displace Curtis Main from the first team, who scored a mighty 3 league goals last season. Main signed a PCA with Aberdeen before Johnson was allowed to leave Motherwell aswell.

The other players and the coaching/management staff. He may have many failings but laziness isn’t one of them. You’re talking out of your arse as usual.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who was he rated by?

I'm sure I've asked you this already during the week......why do you care?

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

The other players and the coaching/management staff. He may have many failings but laziness isn’t one of them. You’re talking out of your arse as usual.

Have you any actual proof of that? Considering the management/coaching staff left him out of the starting line up most weeks, and let him leave whilst under contract, I'd question why you're claiming they "rated" him tbh.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He couldn't displace Curtis Main from the first team, who scored a mighty 3 league goals last season. 

I wouldn't be putting down players goal returns if I were you, tbh. Especially not the one of a player that was signed so your own star signing could be binned. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I wouldn't be putting down players goal returns if I were you, tbh. Especially not the one of a player that was signed so your own star signing could be binned. 

Curtis Main is absolutely fucking shite.

May could score 0 goals all season and I'd still rather have him in my team than watch that big chunk of shite.

Have you any actual proof of that? Considering the management/coaching staff left him out of the starting line up most weeks, and let him leave whilst under contract, I'd question why you're claiming they "rated" him tbh.

I’m certainly not telling you who I know ITK at Motherwell. I couldn’t give a f**k if you believe me or not. Motherwell are a top six side and being third best striker there is no disgrace and certainly doesn’t mean you can’t be a fearsome player in the Championship. I won’t respond again so slaver as much of your usual shite as you like.

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m certainly not telling you who I know ITK at Motherwell. I couldn’t give a f**k if you believe me or not. Motherwell are a top six side and being third best striker there is no disgrace and certainly doesn’t mean you can’t be a fearsome player in the Championship. I won’t respond again so slaver as much of your usual shite as you like.

:lol: So me, who used posters on here, and the fact Johnson was never played, then allowed to leave while under contract, is the one "talking shite", while you, who apparently knows someone at Motherwell, aren't "talking shite"?

Motherwell, a "top six side", haven't finished in the top six for four seasons aswell m8.

You scurry off, as always, before returning to fire more insults instead of admitting you've been caught slavering pish. 

"ITK" mate at Motherwell :lol:

1 hour ago, Insaintee said:

Fek me ….I'm almost on the point of green-dotting a Midden fan!

Yep....I'm starting to believe we've turned the corner re. our defence.....Strapp (apart from a suicide-ball to Rogers) was up for it..as was Grant..Welsh and Baird.

Liked the way Billy King noised up their defence...haven't seen enough of that lately!

Cant wait till Aidan is back and completes the jigsaw.

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

:lol: So me, who used posters on here, and the fact Johnson was never played, then allowed to leave while under contract, is the one "talking shite", while you, who apparently knows someone at Motherwell, aren't "talking shite"?

Motherwell, a "top six side", haven't finished in the top six for four seasons aswell m8.

You scurry off, as always, before returning to fire more insults instead of admitting you've been caught slavering pish. 

"ITK" mate at Motherwell :lol:

Emmm….this thread concerns Morton v Dundee mate....just sayin.