Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Northfield 53

Inverness v Queens

Recommended Posts

I still feel we're short of one proper hard as nails midfielder.  Welsh is really good for this level while Carson and Vincent look decent enough but all three are essentially sideways ball players.  Now there's a place for that in the team, but I still feel we miss someone in the Draper mould.  If we could sign a proper ball winner, that could be a good addition.  If we could slot into central defence to fill in from time to time too, that'd be even better.

Some fans might say to this "But hey Highland Capital!  We've got Charlie Trafford!".  No. He is guff.

 

Edited by Highland Capital

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/09/2019 at 12:58, CaleyStan said:

Anyone tempted to start creaming over our squad might want to pause to reflect on our striking options. Nobody in that squad is going to score many more than 10 league goals and we'll drop a fair few points at home as a result. 

What in 1 game? White, Storey, Keatings & Doran are all good enough to hit double figures over the course of 38 games. Maybe not a Shankland or Dobbie there but easily goals if our team plays well and gets on a confidence high

Edited by bdu98196

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Queens fans, wife and I were down for a game at the start of last season, we still talk about a wee bar we found in the centre of town but can never remember the name, it was a bustling wee place filled with all ages and the craic was great as was the grub, would like to use it again if we're down, help?

The Cairndale hotel btw was a total dump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Queens fans, wife and I were down for a game at the start of last season, we still talk about a wee bar we found in the centre of town but can never remember the name, it was a bustling wee place filled with all ages and the craic was great as was the grub, would like to use it again if we're down, help?

The Cairndale hotel btw was a total dump. 

Mmm, a wee bar in the centre of town with all ages. That narrows it down to about a dozen places! You're going to have to give us more to go on.

Globe Inn?
Slipstream?
Dickies?
Stag?
Hole i the Wa? (prob too big to be that)
Fleshers Arms?
Tam O'Shanter?
Victoria Inn?
Douglas Arms?
Deja Vu?
The Barrel?
Queensberry? (too big to be that either probably)
N'Dulge? (too big to be that too)
Queen of the South Bar?

Presumably not either The Granary or Robert the Bruce (both big chain pubs).

And that's not including the ones along the Whitesands, or any of the Clubs.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Mmm, a wee bar in the centre of town with all ages. That narrows it down to about a dozen places! You're going to have to give us more to go on.

Globe Inn?
Slipstream?
Dickies?
Stag?
Hole i the Wa? (prob too big to be that)
Fleshers Arms?
Tam O'Shanter?
Victoria Inn?
Douglas Arms?
Deja Vu?
The Barrel?
Queensberry? (too big to be that either probably)
N'Dulge? (too big to be that too)
Queen of the South Bar?

Presumably not either The Granary or Robert the Bruce (both big chain pubs).

And that's not including the ones along the Whitesands, or any of the Clubs.
 

I doubt all of those do proper bar meals so you can probably cut that list down a bit.   (I've no idea which ones that is btw). I believe you need to take out a second mortgage to eat in The Globe now. As for the Cairndale,  he's quite right,  totally disorganised for supposedly one of the bigger hotels in town. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Mmm, a wee bar in the centre of town with all ages. That narrows it down to about a dozen places! You're going to have to give us more to go on.

Globe Inn?
Slipstream?
Dickies?
Stag?
Hole i the Wa? (prob too big to be that)
Fleshers Arms?
Tam O'Shanter?
Victoria Inn?
Douglas Arms?
Deja Vu?
The Barrel?
Queensberry? (too big to be that either probably)
N'Dulge? (too big to be that too)
Queen of the South Bar?

Presumably not either The Granary or Robert the Bruce (both big chain pubs).

And that's not including the ones along the Whitesands, or any of the Clubs.
 

Through the door, the bar on yer left and then there's a further part through to right hand side, furnishings all wood type no plastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I doubt all of those do proper bar meals so you can probably cut that list down a bit.   (I've no idea which ones that is btw). I believe you need to take out a second mortgage to eat in The Globe now. As for the Cairndale,  he's quite right,  totally disorganised for supposedly one of the bigger hotels in town. 

I missed the part about it doing grub!

15 hours ago, mckenna said:

Cavens ?

Which is why I didnt even consider listing Cavens which is basically a restaurant, at least up to 9pm anyway. It's also pretty big to be described as a "wee bar".

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I missed the part about it doing grib!

One of the best places in town,  maybe the only one in town that serves GRIB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

One of the best places in town,  maybe the only one in town that serves GRIB 

🤣 Bloody wee mobile phone keys. I spelled"cinsider" wrong too! Fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

🤣 Bloody wee mobile phone keys. I spelled"cinsider" wrong too! Fixed it.

Noticed that typo too. I was beginning to think you were the scriptwriter for Officer Crabtree in "Allo Allo".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Noticed that typo too. I was beginning to think you were the scriptwriter for Officer Crabtree in "Allo Allo".  

Theres certainly a lot of Queens fans who enjoy a Good Moaning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2019 at 11:20, Skyline Drifter said:

🤣 Bloody wee mobile phone keys. I spelled"cinsider" wrong too! Fixed it.

Pretty well ill informed nonsense then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not looking terribly likely.

28/1 on Bet 365. Not terribly generous considering we’ve scored 2 goals in the last 5 and a half league games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...