Inverness v Queens

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, CaleyStan said:
Paton looks a complete state - neither of the part-time teams have a player that looks so part-time. 

Yip. If the ability isn't there it's frustrating but I can sympathise. No player is going to turn down FT football even if they aren't good enough (Kidd). But what annoys me about Paton is that he doesn't seem to have a 2nd gear. He jogs around the park the same speed the whole game and doesn't look interested in the slightest. He probably can't believe his luck that he's managed to get a FT gig.

It's the fact Kidd and Paton were offered contracts in the first place. Either AJ is a complete fuckwit or our wages must be at comedy levels. I'm leaning towards the latter. 

One things for sure, we can't continue like this.  Last year was bad but this season is 2019  Guss McPherson team. 

In control from basically the first few minutes of the game. Good cross from Walsh and nice lay off by White to tee up Welsh for the opener and a well taken second from Walsh lashing in a loose ball killed the game off as a contest after only 20 odd minutes.

Really impressive from Welsh and Vincent each taking turns to push forward and support the attack with the other sitting to protect the defence. Not that it needs much protecting at the minute. That was or 4th clean sheet in the league in a row. The front three behind White were interesting to watch. At times they all seemed to move around and appear on different flanks or play through the centre. Storey and Walsh especially seemed to move between the right flank and central role at will. Queens seemed to struggle to pick them up and when Welsh or Vincent did drive forward they often found themselves in acres of space to move into.

Excellent showings from the aforementioned Vincent, Doran, Walsh and Rooney but MotM for me was Welsh. Dictates play beautifully for us and seldom panics when under pressure. He's great at carrying the ball forward from the back and moving it from one side to the other when we're probing for a way through. Defensively he (and Vincent) worked well to snuff out Queens for most of the game before he went off.

Little disappointed with Robbo not bringing on Harper or MacGregor for some game time towards the end and obviously the crowd was seriously disappointing as well. As has been said before Robbo has done well to build a really good side with minimal backing but with every passing week it seems our fans just continue to lose interest in the side.

On open all mics on the BBC Eilidh Davies startled me with her view that Queen of the South were "winning the midfield battle"

I don't recall that ever bring the case.

Whilst being very satisfied with a comfortable win, I'm not as convinced as others with our defending.

There were moments of uncertainty on the right side and at left back, legs look heavier with time.

3 hours ago, sophia said:

On open all mics on the BBC Eilidh Davies startled me with her view that Queen of the South were "winning the midfield battle"

I don't recall that ever bring the case.

Is this the same commentator who thought Polworth had scored a penalty which he had in fact missed and took several minutes to realise what had happened?