Inverness v Queens

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
35 minutes ago, Fae_the_ said:
Oliver,  among one or two others,  looking like he's never been on a football pitch before.  Inverness 2 up but as usual not having to work very hard for the goals.  We persist in hitting high balls up to El Bak,  Oliver and Murray,  easy meat for the Inverness back line. On a slight positive,  Dobbie looks back to nearer his best but starved of service. Unless we buck up our ideas its going to be a long second half. Just seems to be a lack of understanding among some players. 

Long ball is frustrating but I actually can't blame the defenders for doing it. They have absolutely no creativity in front of them. Unless we get one or two (I'd accept competent at this point!) midfielders in then we are finishing in the bottom two.

Absolutely but who’s to blame ? The manager for not signing some quality midfielders or the Chairman for not releasing extra funds ? 

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Full time.

We're part of the small group getting detached at the bottom. 

To be honest at no time since the end of last season did I think we wouldn't be in this position, so no big surprises. If we end up 3rd bottom then I think we've done well.

Inverness will have tougher training games this season, maybe against their u18's,  No great desire evident from Queens, an absence of team understanding,  too easily muscled out,  basically a lack of everything that a half competent team should possess. Not wishing to take anything away from Inverness, they played with energy,  and a bit of passion,  hardly letting Queens players settle.  Difficult to say how good they are given the standard of that opposition. 

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Inverness will have tougher training games this season, maybe against their u18's,  No great desire evident from Queens, an absence of team understanding,  too easily muscled out,  basically a lack of everything that a half competent team should possess. Not wishing to take anything away from Inverness, they played with energy,  and a bit of passion,  hardly letting Queens players settle.  Difficult to say how good they are given the standard of that opposition. 

That's a wee bit harsh mate, I honestly think you're being a bit too hard on your team.

36 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

That's a wee bit harsh mate, I honestly think you're being a bit too hard on your team.

I was actually being a bit restrained in my comments,  about the only positive was that it was only two goals we lost thanks mainly to McCrorie. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Wasn't there today however the fact the defenders are trying to play the long ball is no surprise that midfield is absolutely gutter.
and the fact kidd and paton were deamed good enough to come back to the club after their abysmal season at their clubs last season defys belief.

2 minutes ago, gogs said:

the fact kidd and paton were deamed good enough to come back to the club after their abysmal season at their clubs last season defys belief.

Paton looks a complete state - neither of the part-time teams have a player that looks so part-time. 

6 minutes ago, gogs said:

Wasn't there today however the fact the defenders are trying to play the long ball is no surprise that midfield is absolutely gutter.
and the fact kidd and paton were deamed good enough to come back to the club after their abysmal season at their clubs last season defys belief.

Couldn't agree more gogs .

Paton looks a complete state - neither of the part-time teams have a player that looks so part-time. 
Yip. If the ability isn't there it's frustrating but I can sympathise. No player is going to turn down FT football even if they aren't good enough (Kidd). But what annoys me about Paton is that he doesn't seem to have a 2nd gear. He jogs around the park the same speed the whole game and doesn't look interested in the slightest. He probably can't believe his luck that he's managed to get a FT gig.