Inverness v Queens

Queens fans, wife and I were down for a game at the start of last season, we still talk about a wee bar we found in the centre of town but can never remember the name, it was a bustling wee place filled with all ages and the craic was great as was the grub, would like to use it again if we're down, help?

The Cairndale hotel btw was a total dump. 

15 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Queens fans, wife and I were down for a game at the start of last season, we still talk about a wee bar we found in the centre of town but can never remember the name, it was a bustling wee place filled with all ages and the craic was great as was the grub, would like to use it again if we're down, help?

The Cairndale hotel btw was a total dump. 

Mmm, a wee bar in the centre of town with all ages. That narrows it down to about a dozen places! You're going to have to give us more to go on.

Globe Inn?
Slipstream?
Dickies?
Stag?
Hole i the Wa? (prob too big to be that)
Fleshers Arms?
Tam O'Shanter?
Victoria Inn?
Douglas Arms?
Deja Vu?
The Barrel?
Queensberry? (too big to be that either probably)
N'Dulge? (too big to be that too)
Queen of the South Bar?

Presumably not either The Granary or Robert the Bruce (both big chain pubs).

And that's not including the ones along the Whitesands, or any of the Clubs.

27 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Mmm, a wee bar in the centre of town with all ages. That narrows it down to about a dozen places! You're going to have to give us more to go on.

Globe Inn?
Slipstream?
Dickies?
Stag?
Fleshers Arms?
Tam O'Shanter?
Victoria Inn?
Douglas Arms?
Deja Vu?
The Barrel?
Queen of the South Bar?

I doubt all of those do proper bar meals so you can probably cut that list down a bit.   (I've no idea which ones that is btw). I believe you need to take out a second mortgage to eat in The Globe now. As for the Cairndale,  he's quite right,  totally disorganised for supposedly one of the bigger hotels in town. 

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Globe Inn?
Slipstream?
Dickies?
Stag?
Fleshers Arms?
Tam O'Shanter?
Victoria Inn?
Douglas Arms?
Deja Vu?
The Barrel?
Queen of the South Bar?

Through the door, the bar on yer left and then there's a further part through to right hand side, furnishings all wood type no plastic.

18 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I doubt all of those do proper bar meals so you can probably cut that list down a bit.   (I've no idea which ones that is btw). I believe you need to take out a second mortgage to eat in The Globe now. As for the Cairndale,  he's quite right,  totally disorganised for supposedly one of the bigger hotels in town. 

I missed the part about it doing grub!

15 hours ago, mckenna said:

Cavens ?

Which is why I didnt even consider listing Cavens which is basically a restaurant, at least up to 9pm anyway. It's also pretty big to be described as a "wee bar".

Edited by Skyline Drifter

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not looking terribly likely.

28/1 on Bet 365. Not terribly generous considering we’ve scored 2 goals in the last 5 and a half league games.

Oliver,  among one or two others,  looking like he's never been on a football pitch before.  Inverness 2 up but as usual not having to work very hard for the goals.  We persist in hitting high balls up to El Bak,  Oliver and Murray,  easy meat for the Inverness back line. On a slight positive,  Dobbie looks back to nearer his best but starved of service. Unless we buck up our ideas its going to be a long second half. Just seems to be a lack of understanding among some players. 

Oliver,  among one or two others,  looking like he's never been on a football pitch before.  Inverness 2 up but as usual not having to work very hard for the goals.  We persist in hitting high balls up to El Bak,  Oliver and Murray,  easy meat for the Inverness back line. On a slight positive,  Dobbie looks back to nearer his best but starved of service. Unless we buck up our ideas its going to be a long second half. Just seems to be a lack of understanding among some players. 
Long ball is frustrating but I actually can't blame the defenders for doing it. They have absolutely no creativity in front of them. Unless we get one or two (I'd accept competent at this point!) midfielders in then we are finishing in the bottom two.

Long ball is frustrating but I actually can't blame the defenders for doing it. They have absolutely no creativity in front of them. Unless we get one or two (I'd accept competent at this point!) midfielders in then we are finishing in the bottom two.
This.