Inverness v Queens

Stop it!
We've only taken other team's duds and cast offs and more or less turned them back into footballers or made them footballers in some case.
At least one thing we have in our favour is we are better at coaching players than Dundee Utd.

You’ve turned Todorov into a goal threat. Remarkable. ICT dark horses for the league for me, and not an easy team to beat. Would take a draw

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Stop it!

We've only taken other team's duds and cast offs and more or less turned them back into footballers or made them footballers in some case.

At least one thing we have in our favour is we are better at coaching players than Dundee Utd.

When it comes to working with limited resources Robertson just has to be the best manager in the Championship.

We are now 5 unbeaten with 4 wins since that awful first day of the season. The next 2 games for us are at home to Queens and Partick which we should really be looking to take 6 points from (definitely if Caldwell is still around).

Hoping for a win here, 2-0 is my prediciton. Queens haven’t exactly been banging them in and only managed 1-0 at home (their only win) against a dreadful Morton side so there is reason to be optimistic. Hopefully Sean Welsh starts for us.

1 minute ago, MallanandFlanagan said:
2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

When it comes to working with limited resources Robertson just has to be the best manager in the Championship.

Any chance you think he could end up at Hearts if Craig Levein leaves?

You mean when Levein leaves?

No.

It’s a positive start for us this season but we started similarly well last year only for at this point we went on a 7 game drawing streak and only won 2 games up to the new year so we need to kick on massively now and try and create a gap between ourselves and the rest of the league.

The Dunfermline result is massive for us, last season that definitely would’ve been a draw and ultimately the draws and our poor home record (5 league wins all season) meant we couldn’t keep pace with County and DU.

I’ve no idea what Queens are like this season, thought Dykes would be a loss as he always seemed a handful against us but I’m sure if we take them lightly we’ll get punished.

I’m quite impressed by our squad so far this term, we seem to have tremendous depth without having any obvious standout players. We seem to have a squad of about 20 players who could all genuinely be in the first 11 without any eyebrows raised.

5 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Very difficult away day for Queens Inverness have stated very well have  added real quality to an already excellent squad will make the top 4 

The best we can hope for is to somehow get a draw 

Surely the best we can hope for is a convincing win,  you might be glad to get a draw but to hope for one doesn't sound right. Perhaps Motivational Therapy may not be the best career choice for you. 

27 minutes ago, CaleyJag157 said:

It’s a positive start for us this season but we started similarly well last year only for at this point we went on a 7 game drawing streak and only won 2 games up to the new year so we need to kick on massively now and try and create a gap between ourselves and the rest of the league.

The Dunfermline result is massive for us, last season that definitely would’ve been a draw and ultimately the draws and our poor home record (5 league wins all season) meant we couldn’t keep pace with County and DU.

I’ve no idea what Queens are like this season, thought Dykes would be a loss as he always seemed a handful against us but I’m sure if we take them lightly we’ll get punished.

I’m quite impressed by our squad so far this term, we seem to have tremendous depth without having any obvious standout players. We seem to have a squad of about 20 players who could all genuinely be in the first 11 without any eyebrows raised.

I agree that is has, obviously, been a positive start to the season but I think we are already seeing some differences to last season. I think the Arbroath and Dunfermline games are both ones we would have drawn last year but this season we have managed to turn them into wins, even if yesterdays result came from a penalty in the last 5 mins.

I can’t agree that we don’t have any standout players. Welsh is a class act and the difference when he is in the team is massive. We also have Doran and Walsh going forward who are probably the best in the division in their positions. Robbo has done very well in the summer with the majority of his signings. The depth we now have is a massive positive. Keatings looks very good and hopefully he isn’t out for the reported 2 months. Even Storey adds an extra dimension to our play despite the probably justified criticism he has had over the last few years. Hell, we have even managed to make Todorov look dangerous which is saying something considering he couldn’t get a game for Falkirk.

I know it’s early days but I think we will be comfortably in the top 4 and with a bit of luck could make a challenge at the top though that will more rely on what Dundee Utd do over the next few months.

6 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Surely the best we can hope for is a convincing win,  you might be glad to get a draw but to hope for one doesn't sound right. Perhaps Motivational Therapy may not be the best career choice for you. 

Perhaps anything that involves analysis of risk and probability, would not represent an ideal career choice for you.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Perhaps anything that involves analysis of risk and probability, would not represent an ideal career choice for you.

Nothing to do with risk or probability,  if you HOPE for something you would surely hope for the best possible outcome which is not the same as what you  THINK the best possible outcome might be. I hope I win the lottery every week,  doesn't mean I realistically think it'll happen. 

I still feel we're short of one proper hard as nails midfielder.  Welsh is really good for this level while Carson and Vincent look decent enough but all three are essentially sideways ball players.  Now there's a place for that in the team, but I still feel we miss someone in the Draper mould.  If we could sign a proper ball winner, that could be a good addition.  If we could slot into central defence to fill in from time to time too, that'd be even better.

Some fans might say to this "But hey Highland Capital!  We've got Charlie Trafford!".  No. He is guff.

Edited by Highland Capital

On 16/09/2019 at 12:58, CaleyStan said:

Anyone tempted to start creaming over our squad might want to pause to reflect on our striking options. Nobody in that squad is going to score many more than 10 league goals and we'll drop a fair few points at home as a result. 

What in 1 game? White, Storey, Keatings & Doran are all good enough to hit double figures over the course of 38 games. Maybe not a Shankland or Dobbie there but easily goals if our team plays well and gets on a confidence high

Edited by bdu98196