Partick Thistle vs Dunfermline - The Sack Race

I think we’ve missed Dow tbh.
Good that Beadling was dropped; he’s just not been at it at all recently.

Nice to have a bit of positivity for a change. Hopefully we have a settled team now and can push on.

Alloa is a game we should be aiming to take all 3 points from next week. Here’s to keeping a streak up.

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Not quite in the same league as the Alloa v Ayr fan commentary but good stuff none the less. 

Come and sit up here with us.

Booooooooo

Some fantastic booing.

The abuse from the Partick fan was far too polite though.

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Bannigan and Cole trying to prevent that 2nd goal is absolutely pathetic. Total shitebags.

Fox also goes down in instalments for both of the opening goals. Good stuff from our forward line though.

Thought that as well, especially for the Dow goal.

The Dow goal is a hilarious level of failure in so many individual aspects. CB Sean McGinty clowning around with the ball at left-mid and eventually losing it, Bannigan and Cole running away instead of trying to stop Dow's run, O'Ware looking like he was stuck in treacle as Dow strolls casually past him, and Fox falling over in slow motion. Incredible level of ineptitude.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Thought that as well, especially for the Dow goal.

The Dow goal is a hilarious level of failure in so many individual aspects. CB Sean McGinty clowning around with the ball at left-mid and eventually losing it, Bannigan and Cole running away instead of trying to stop Dow's run, O'Ware looking like he was stuck in treacle as Dow strolls casually past him, and Fox falling over in slow motion. Incredible level of ineptitude.

Bannigan tries the lazy clip of the heels because he can't be arsed chasing back and even fails to commit the cynical foul. He deserves nothing but scorn.

52 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I thought the first one was well placed, would've been difficult to get. 

The second is an absolute howler though. 

If Niz has deliberately kicked that into the ground, in order to move it away from the keeper, then he's far better player than I thought.

I felt it was just a very welcome mishit.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Bannigan tries the lazy clip of the heels because he can't be arsed chasing back and even fails to commit the cynical foul. He deserves nothing but scorn.

If Niz has deliberately kicked that into the ground, in order to move it away from the keeper, then he's far better player than I thought.

I felt it was just a very welcome mishit.

Aye its absolutely a mishit, was meaning more in the sense that because the mishit has taken it so far into the corner it would've been a very difficult save. 

Some fantastic booing.
The abuse from the Partick fan was far too polite though.

“Powderpuff. Absolute powderpuff.”

The guy was merely mumbling away to himself until he reached breaking point after Lewis McCann’s long range effort with a big fucking BOOOOO.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

“Powderpuff. Absolute powderpuff.”

The guy was merely mumbling away to himself until he reached breaking point after Lewis McCann’s long range effort with a big fucking BOOOOO.

"That's what a wee bit of heart and fight looks like Thistle! Determination to get the ball instead of standing around!"

After Paton smashes in to a challenge with their number 24 late in the game.

He actually nearly swears but catches himself after their number 15 has a shite shot go wide late in the game (circa 8.27 on the highlights).

Edited by DA Baracus

Kenny Miller gave a rather unique take of the game on the radio earlier.

Apparently Thistle dominated for 25 minuted then we scored with our first and second attacks.

Granted, I wasn't at the game, but the reports from folk at the game, the updates on radio and the highlights suggest he might be talking a wee bit of shite.

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Apparently Thistle dominated for 25 minuted then we scored with our first and second attacks.

Granted, I wasn't at the game, but the reports from folk at the game, the updates on radio and the highlights suggest he might be talking a wee bit of shite.

Funnily enough, that clown of a Connahs Quay manager was up for the game and said something similar.

Its not what I saw, anyway. Game was fairly even before Dunfermline scored the first. Not much created by either team, perhaps unsurprisingly.

I think our first goal was our second attack of any note (Fox had saved a Nisbet header before that) and our second was maybe our fourth or fifth (we had hit the bar between the two goals as well as having a few other openings). Thistle were probably the better side between that first save and our opener, then we were on top until the second, but I can't remember Gill having an awful lot to do - one sinple save from a Cardle trundler with his left foot and the one Edwards scrambled away - and Thistle totally collapsed after the third.