The P45 Edinburgh Derby

Does anyone know Craig Levein's combined derby record as a Hearts player and manager? I'm cautious about posting approximate figures because I can't quite remember - but heard it a year or so ago, and the number of  times he had actually lost one was unbelievable. 

Hibs approaching a derby hoping to unseat a Hearts manager really screams an away win is on the cards. 

I don't usually bet for or against Hibs but I'm considering betting on Hearts here. I'm very confident of an away win.

This team are a bunch of absolute shitebags at the best of times. On top of that, the last few results point to a team who have fully chucked it in. There is no way they go on and win a big game in those circumstances. 

I see the point about the losing team standing to benefit in the long term but with the way things are heading, any shree points could be vital. jose.png

9 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I don't usually bet for or against Hibs but I'm considering betting on Hearts here. I'm very confident of an away win.

This team are a bunch of absolute shitebags at the best of times. On top of that, the last few results point to a team who have fully chucked it in. There is no way they go on and win a big game in those circumstances. 

I see the point about the losing team standing to benefit in the long term but with the way things are heading, any shree points could be vital. jose.png

If I see Hanlon and Mallan on the pitch on Sunday it's a banker 1-0 for Hearts. 

I will never want us to lose a derby under any circumstances, however, at least if we do there will be some kind of silver lining in that it'll probably edge Levein closer to the door.

Both teams are murder, though we are actually scoring goals in most games so I think we might sneak it, especially with Naismith, Smith and Pereira back. Need to get at least two though to compensate for the goal we will inevitably gift Hibs.

The problem with this undoubted shitfest is that nobody really wins. If one side wins the game as soon as the fans leave the ground has  crushing reality descends on them of "Ah shit. We're stuck with this absolute muppet of a manager for at least another month serving up more dugshite performances and getting horsed by Killie/Motherwell etc."

0-0 and everyone is raging.

Edited by AndyM

Both teams are pretty brutal but the difference is Hearts still look relatively potent in attack. Play Meshino and Ikpeazu through the middle and you will score at least one. I genuinely cannot see any way Hibs pose any significant threat to any semi-competent back line at the moment.

Hibs 0-2 Hearts.

2 hours ago, conboyhibs said:

Both teams are pretty brutal but the difference is Hearts still look relatively potent in attack. Play Meshino and Ikpeazu through the middle and you will score at least one. I genuinely cannot see any way Hibs pose any significant threat to any semi-competent back line at the moment.

Hibs 0-2 Hearts.

Semi-competent back line is where your argument falls down.  We are giving away goals every week.

19 hours ago, Estragon said:

Does anyone know Craig Levein's combined derby record as a Hearts player and manager? I'm cautious about posting approximate figures because I can't quite remember - but heard it a year or so ago, and the number of  times he had actually lost one was unbelievable. 

Hibs approaching a derby hoping to unseat a Hearts manager really screams an away win is on the cards. 

Managerial record v Hibs, from 1 Dec 2000 to 29 Oct 2004

1-1

0-0

1-2

1-1

2-1

5-1

2-1

4-4

0-1

2-0

1-1

2-1

From  28 Aug 2017

0-1

0-0

0-2

2-1

0-0

1-0

1-2

1-1

I make that Pl20 W7 D8 L5. 

These games feel as if they just about always turn out to be drab low scoring turgid shitfests. Generally, it's the most disappointing derby fixture there is for the neutral.

Full houses, two good grounds with stands close to the pitch, evenly matched teams.. they should be great viewing, but for whatever reason they're invariably shite.

1-1 draw.