The P45 Edinburgh Derby

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

He was great that day and he looks a good prospect. There wouldn't be a hype around him just now, though, if he didn't score with a massively deflected goal on Sunday. Something that didn't really improve his overall performance.

Your eagerness to write him off is more baffling than the hype.

8 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Point me exactly to the point I wrote him off, "Darren"?

No idea why you've decided to put my username in quotation marks there.

At no point did I say you had written him off, I just suggested you seemed eager to. You're pretty negative in all of these posts.

7 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Funny that a deflected late goal has now turned an decent enough performance from Hickey (nothing exceptional) into him being the right back solution for Scotland. Hearts fans love a sweeping exaggeration.

6 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Okay cool, we will build the team around him and Cochrane if that is all it takes. Smashing. 

3 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

He was great that day and he looks a good prospect. There wouldn't be a hype around him just now, though, if he didn't score with a massively deflected goal on Sunday. Something that didn't really improve his overall performance.

6 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Okay cool, we will build the team around him and Cochrane if that is all it takes. Smashing. 

Cochrane is shite now, it's all about Andy Irving, who without wanting to talk him up too much is the Scottish equivalent of Tony Kroos.

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

You think Kenny miller watches him every week?

No, but is Kenny Miller the only pundit in Scottish football who rates Hickey? 

1 minute ago, GorgieRoad said:

No, but is Kenny Miller the only pundit in Scottish football who rates Hickey? 

It's the only one I commented on and you got defensive about.

I said 'I'm no expert' as I've not seen enough of the lad, I don't know how good he is. I just don't think Miller would be saying that had he not scored that on Sunday. I'm fairly confident it's far too early to be talking about him being an international player.

He's a very, very good player but his pace is just okay and, obviously his strength isn't fully developed yet. He isn't ready for international football yet (although he did handle Forrest well in the cup final)  He could be Scotland's left back in a few years time and then Scotland's 3 best players will all be left backs!

47 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

He's a very, very good player but his pace is just okay and, obviously his strength isn't fully developed yet. He isn't ready for international football yet (although he did handle Forrest well in the cup final)  He could be Scotland's left back in a few years time and then Scotland's 3 best players will all be left backs!

Is he equally good at right back? He can strike the ball right footed anyway and looked comfortable enough. I'm sure I heard he's played both sides for the youth team evenly. 

Edited by Falcor Roar

9 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Funny that a deflected late goal has now turned an decent enough performance from Hickey (nothing exceptional) into him being the right back solution for Scotland. Hearts fans love a sweeping exaggeration.

Much like your penchant for being bitter and chatting shite?

Must be producing some talent down Central Park these days.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

At this age Andrew Robertson was an amateur playing for Queens Park. So by 2027, assuming a similar rate of progress, Hickey will have won two champions league medals, a ballon d’or, Wimbledon and the ashes

Narrowly pipped to the British Grand Prix?

Edited by Dave1875

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

At this age Andrew Robertson was an amateur playing for Queens Park. So by 2027, assuming a similar rate of progress, Hickey will have won two champions league medals, a ballon d’or, Wimbledon and the ashes

And all under the astute guidance of Craig Levein...

On 24/09/2019 at 11:59, Muzza81 said:

To be fair there was a lot of hype around him before that goal.  Maybe you just missed it.  Talk of Man City being interested and rave reviews in the cup final against Celtic.  Obviously this will add to it.

The boy is a player no doubt. All this talk of Scotland and Man City are about 4 years premature though. There’s as much a chance of him going to Notts Forrest or someone like that on a free and disappearing into obscurity.

I’d say Lee Wallace was just as good when he broke into the team at 17. It’s hard to gauge how his career would’ve went if he hadn’t made a total James Hunt of it. So hopefully the young man has his head screwed on.